Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7yr old wants lessons//

Options
  • 15-09-2008 8:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi my 7yr old daughter wants to get rideing lessons,she has been on about now since she was about 5.
    She has had zero contact with them at all except looking at them in the field,but now i think it maybe time to take her seriously and look into it.
    So we live in Kildare and i think the nearest centre to us seems to be the one in Kill,the plan ould be to try and get lessons on a Sunday morning and take it from there,my questions would be does anyone have any experience with the centre in Kill/Good,bad whatever,and any input in general would be appriciated,,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

I've heard its pretty good, its well kept, horses are looked after well etc. Not sure about the price though, pony camp was a bit on the expensive side imo, but Im sure you can block book the lessons and most places will give a discount for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Whatever stable you choose, make sure the horses are well looked after, well fitting tack is used etc. Staff should be friendly and helpful, place should be tidy & safe in general. (no broken down gates/doors, no dogs running around arena etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

May as well give her a chance if she is so enthusiastic. Most places take them once they are six anyway. She will enjoy it and make a new circle of friends which isn't any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

I've been riding since I was five. I'm sure if it is a reputable riding school and there are lots of friendly staff, then she will be fine.
    Its a good idea to bring her on a Sunday, as Saturdays are most popular, there are likely to be less people around, so that she will get more attention 'till she gets the hang of it. She will have great fun, and will be fine! Enjoy. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Thanks for input everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 chanelleb

Hi,

My daughter is now 8, and has been riding since she was 5.

I highly recommend Kildare Equestrian Centre, in Rathmore, Naas. My daughter refuses to even contemplate riding anywhere else!

The staff are extremely friendly, the pony camp is educational for the children, as well as fun. The horses are well looked after, and most importantly, the student (children AND adults alike) genuinely love going there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

chanelleb wrote: »
    Hi,

My daughter is now 8, and has been riding since she was 5.

I highly recommend Kildare Equestrian Centre, in Rathmore, Naas. My daughter refuses to even contemplate riding anywhere else!

The staff are extremely friendly, the pony camp is educational for the children, as well as fun. The horses are well looked after, and most importantly, the student (children AND adults alike) genuinely love going there...

sounds like an advertisement......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

can you report posts if you have a problem or suspicion with them?

Advertisement