Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulb exploded - need help!!

Options
  • 15-09-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

wonder can anyone help me out. I have track lighting in my apartment and the other morning the bulb exploded and flew out of the socket and tripped the switch. bulbs have blown in the track lighting before but they have never flown before.

I put the switch back up and i went to change the bulb and when i put in a new one it didn't work. I tried it in the other sockets and it didn't work in that one either. So i tried another bulb and that didn't work either

So now I am not sure if the problem is the actual track lighting or the switch itself?? has this happened to anyone before? any advice would be really appreciated, its getting tough to do things in the dark!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

sounds like the transformer is blown, is it one track or are there a few tracks coupled together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Toasted

it is one track with four bulbs coming off it, nothing is working so i think that i will just have to get an electricain in to look at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

If it's track that is running from a main surface mounted housing, see is there a black cover/screw, width of bic pen. If so, there should be a fuse underneath.

Advertisement