Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Mother o' doG

Options
  • 15-09-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

I expected a BOXER sized cross from the pound today... What arrived was a pony:

p901804.jpg

George formerly Tyson (what else :( )

p901802.jpg

Weighs in at nearly 40 kg and stands 71cm to the shoulder

p901800.jpg

p901798.jpg

Now I've got horse n hound in one and can join the local hunt :p

Don't mind the pink collar, I hadn't got one big enough for him in *manly* colours :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

lt takes a Big dog to wear pink alright:D
    l think he looks Class.
    He's a macho dog , aint no other dog gonna make fun of him.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Yep, he's cool, calm and collected :D. Hopped out of the transporters car, had a look around and.... peed on everything he could find: I LIVE HERE!

He'll be hard to rehome though, although he is a lovely dog and very receptive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

It is hard to imagine such a fine specimen would actually be hard to rehome.
    Egar,I hear you're getting an otter-hound.You must show us boardsies a pic when you get him.

ls he not yours now?:confused:

Sharpshooter, I run a Bull Breed Rescue: http://www.egar.org and I often take pound dogs no other rescue would go near.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Wow, he's impressive looking alright!

What is he? Why would you find it hard to rehome him?

How is he with other dogs?

Lovely Tom, I've only got him today, so he will be in quarantine for a while before I test him with other dogs/livestock etc.

Hard to rehome:

a.) he's big
    b.) he drools
    c.) he attracts the wrong crowd
    d.) he needs to live inside
    e.) he might not be ok with other dogs
    f.) you need a BIG car and he loves riding in the car :D

EGAR wrote: »
    Sharpshooter, I run a Bull Breed Rescue: http://www.egar.org and I often take pound dogs no other rescue would go near.

So sorry ,didn't know. Can l ask why he wasn't wanted?

Lovely Tom, I've only got him today, so he will be in quarantine for a while before I test him with other dogs/livestock etc.

Hard to rehome:

a.) he's big
    b.) he drools
    c.) he attracts the wrong crowd
    d.) he needs to live inside
    e.) he might not be ok with other dogs
    f.) you need a BIG car and he loves riding in the car :D

He seems like a really nice dog, but i can see the appeal to someone looking for a tough dog, he looks it alright!

What mix is he?

I quote:
    he got too big and he is too ugly

• Advertisement

I quote:

:(
    That's sad, bet he's a real softy really!

LovelyTom wrote: »
    He seems like a really nice dog, but i can see the appeal to someone looking for a tough dog, he looks it alright!

What mix is he?

He's pretty good from what I have seen today. He needs a bit of training but he is well behaved on the lead.

He is a Boerboel x

I quote:

Don't see Ugly there myself , but cant say the same for
    those words.
    Shame on some people:mad:
    Had we not got Shadow ( Pomeranian ) l would be tempted myself , unfortunately no car though.
    Visited the link and my God can you put your point across.l never realised what a gentle breed they are.
    Best of luck with finding him and all the others a good
    home.You are a special Human Being.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

He's a peculiar looking cross because he has this huge, jowly, mastiff head and then these little mincing ballet slipper feet. Looks like he's top heavy! I'd say he'll make someone a terribly loyal pet though, if he goes to the right place. (And in fairness nobody else is going to have anything like him! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Is he the lad from Meath? Met him on Friday, such a sweet lad.

Peter was sooo relieved that you were taking him, he would not have wanted to home him from the pound, as you say attracts the wrong sort.

Yes, that is the lad. I met Peter at the Dogstrust launch and he kept telling me about this *ickle Boxer x*. So I said, ok bring him on. I sent him a text today when the *ickle Boxer x* arrived and threatened him with neutering with a rusty razorblade :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

I quote:

thats unbelievable, shallow much?!

he's very regal looking! I don't think I'd like the food bill though lol, He's massive! Hopefully he'll find a good home soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

My dear god what a handsome man! Such lovely markings. Lol.. ickle boxer x... and love the description there MAJD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

What a cracker !!! Gorgeous boy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kitten_bar

Afternoon,

Firstly - fair play for the work you do!

Second - it may seem a silly question - but how is he with cats? A lot of the bigger dogs have no real problem with them - especially if they were raised around them.

Curious - don't know if I could convince my husband to take in a giant like this - but if we were going for a dog it would be an indoor - one- of- the family - sleep on the bed kinda dog. we have no other dogs, only cats.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Kate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

He is a real beauty, if you ask me he looks like a real upper class dog I'd say that might be the market to aim for a home, they have lots of land and lots of notes to line there pockets to feed him. I'm a sucker for big dogs love the great Danes but it's the cost that would catch me off.

I don't think people realise how much they can eat tuck in a gsd x elephant years back with in a week my deep chest freezer was starting to empty and the cubberts looked bare, he could happily stand looking down at the kitchen counter, I appealed to the upper class type and got him a home there, they said he may invite the buglers in for a cup of tea, but to see his size frighten them off.

Put an add out that he came from some rich guy that passed away throw the word duke or sir in there that should attract them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

that is a fine looking animal.

kitten_bar wrote: »
    Afternoon,

Firstly - fair play for the work you do!

Second - it may seem a silly question - but how is he with cats? A lot of the bigger dogs have no real problem with them - especially if they were raised around them.

Curious - don't know if I could convince my husband to take in a giant like this - but if we were going for a dog it would be an indoor - one- of- the family - sleep on the bed kinda dog. we have no other dogs, only cats.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Kate

Hi Kate,

I can cat test him if you wish? I usually just dog and livestock test my dogs as I need to travel quite a distance to a friend of mine who has a laid back cat used to dogs.

Yes, he is very handsome! And today he acted just like yesterday, laid back, easy to handle, quite keen on food and well behaved all around!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

What a beautiful dog - I wish I could take him, but have a full house atm.

Egar, fair bloody fair to you for helping these dogs. Bulldogs are a great breed who offer love more than hatred, but often find themselves in the wrong hands. I have just visited your site and it brought a tear to my eye.

Keep up the good work - you are a credit to all dog lovers

Thank you! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Oh he is beautiful!!!

I have a boxer/ tho my father commandeered her; my cat gets on very well with her though, as does she with him, but he is rather the laid back cat so I think that helps!

He really is magnificent, I could certainly keep him indoors but my garden isn't very big, still i suppose he could be exercised a lot.

did you home lexi?? Beautiful animal also!!

Yes, I've still got Lexi. He generated alot of interest but nothing suitable for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Oh Lord, I have hearts popping out of my eyes right now - he is GORGEOUS!!!

I'd take him in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a pretty full house. Fair play to you, Egar, for the work you're doing. The hardest thing for me to realise when I started working with DID/K999 was that I couldn't save all of them...

Advertisement