Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Burger Wilton S.C

Options
  • 15-09-2008 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

What a rip off!!! Was in there today - missed lunch so just grabbed a hamburger and a medium diet coke. Just a regular crappy hamburger. €4.90 altogether €2.30 for the burger and €2.60 for the drink which was half ice. Totally uncompetitive with other similar retailers. Last time I go there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

:mad:they are and they always put the sauce just in the middle of the burger...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

funny how things are all relative, if you were at a music festival you would be paying twice that!

But yes, you are right, the place is a rip-off and they are rude and generally the place is a dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Totally uncompetitive with other similar retailers.
    Who says they need to be competitively priced? They can charge whatever the hell they want, its up to you to decide whether you pay it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Who says they need to be competitively priced? They can charge whatever the hell they want, its up to you to decide whether you pay it or not.

They benefit from being the only fast food gaff out there bar Abra around up by the garage.

Haven't been there in years mainly because it's a dump. I presume the prices would be the same in Merchants Quay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

He didn't. He just expressed his opinion - one that I agree with - that they are overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

oh....my GOOOOOOOD
    i DESPISE the place. i went in there when i was 9 months pregnant and i started to eat what looked like a S**T chicken wrap, turned out it was not only s**t but also mouldy inside.
    the one in merchants key, i ordered a meal for 7.20 because the 'manager' said it was better value and got.... only a small milkshake and the burger??? i then asked her where the fries were and she got her sidekick to talk to me saying that i only bought the burger and milkshake ,while the manager cowered in the corner.
    never got my fries so i told him where to go!!
    rip off isn't the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

He is a she :)

I wouldn't have *chosen* to pay that but the prices for the drinks weren't displayed. I won't ever darken the door of the place again.

Their "special offer" was fries and a drink for €4. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well who have they got to compete with them? A couple of restaurants and an O'Briens. I'd prefer to get a can and a Rustlers microwaveable burger in Tescos myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Kold wrote: »
    Well who have they got to compete with them? A couple of restaurants and an O'Briens. I'd prefer to get a can and a Rustlers microwaveable burger in Tescos myself.

Don't get me started on O'Briens:mad:

A banana and a bottle of water does the job in a healthy way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Hi-Burger have a new loyalty card so I suppose the prices have to include the cost of that.

I find most food is expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Wilton is crap for food . Wilton arms pub is probaly best bet. Or coffee shop in maternity hospital .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Their milkshakes are alright. Not sure abut chucking 4 chips in a bag and calling it a 'small' fries though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

God this place must be really gone down the tubes.

I can vaguely remember when it opened first. This was before there were too many McDonalds or Burger Kings in Ireland. "The Hamburger Inn" as it was known back then was the height of sophistication in the early 80s!

We used to stop there on the way to west cork for our holidays every year.

mick_irl wrote: »
    I can vaguely remember when it opened first. This was before there were too many McDonalds or Burger Kings in Ireland. "The Hamburger Inn" as it was known back then was the height of sophistication in the early 80s!

We used to stop there on the way to west cork for our holidays every year.

Ye were posh! We were in Mandy's. Or that cafe upstairs in Penney's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Oh Sweet God, Mandys in Daunt Square, that brings back memories!!

What was the one out on the way to Square Deal on Washington Street...?? Burgerland or Mandy's? Many a happy night...many lol

ellscurr wrote: »
    What was the one out on the way to Square Deal on Washington Street...?? Burgerland or Mandy's? Many a happy night...many lol

Ah yes Burgerland Washington Street

Mandy's did burgers for 49p.

Straight in there after a night in Club FX.

OMG the shame! I am SO old. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Was Mandy's not where McDs is now at the top end of Pana, opposite Virgin/Zavvi?

mick_irl wrote: »
    Was Mandy's not where McDs is now at the top end of Pana, opposite Virgin/Zavvi?

Yup that's where it was alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

Ah I remember the garden burger. When I was a student I used to do my shopping in Wilton Tescos and could only afford the burger and chips not the drink. Used to choke on the food with nothing to wash it down. Its a rip off but alot nicer than burgerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Kazbah wrote: »
    He is a she :)

I wouldn't have *chosen* to pay that but the prices for the drinks weren't displayed. I won't ever darken the door of the place again.

Their "special offer" was fries and a drink for €4. :rolleyes:

me either.... the food in wilton is mostly ****e anyway but Hi burgers doesnt have doors........... lol

What a rip off!!! Was in there today - missed lunch so just grabbed a hamburger and a medium diet coke. Just a regular crappy hamburger. €4.90 altogether €2.30 for the burger and €2.60 for the drink which was half ice. Totally uncompetitive with other similar retailers. Last time I go there!

serves you right for eating in that place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eileen1960

hi cafe wilton sc. what a dump and rip off. today i went there with a friend. i ordered a garden burger with tea my friend just had a burger.while eating my garden burger i discovered strands of hair. not one but two in the burger as i was chewing.(yuck disgusting!) i looked for manageress.she more or less fobbed me off by saying it couldn`t be in the burger.i know what i found in this burger and because of her attitude i am now reporting this to the health board as i got no satisfaction. she would want to re take a refresher course in manners and dealing with the public. never again go near the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Ye were posh! We were in Mandy's. Or that cafe upstairs in Penney's.

Now, that's a blast from the past. I used to love that cafe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement