Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating subjects..

Options
  • 15-09-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Okay , first off I've got a retard of a guidance counselor in my school , anyways I'm just wondering am I able to carry the grades or/and points of subjects that I did in my previous Leaving cert.?

I want to carry my English and Irish Grades over to my next leaving cert and just study my Physics/Geography/Maths/Economics/Art subjects for the year.. all honors apart from maths..

All I need is 340 points and the minimum requirements are:

Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with at least Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects and Grade D3 in four Ordinary or Higher Level subjects (including Mathematics; Irish or another language; and English.) In addition, applicants are required to hold at least the following in the Leaving Certificate, or an approved equivalent; Grade B3 in Ordinary Level Mathematics (Grade D3 in Higher Level Mathematics also suffices) and a Grade D3 at Higher or Common Level (or Grade C3 or above at Ordinary Level) in any one of the following: Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Physics with Chemistry, Art, Engineering, Technical Drawing, Construction Studies, Agricultural Science, Biology.

Would I be able to get it if I get the points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Blahh89 wrote: »
    Okay , first off I've got a retard of a guidance counselor in my school , anyways I'm just wondering am I able to carry the grades or/and points of subjects that I did in my previous Leaving cert.?

I want to carry my English and Irish Grades over to my next leaving cert and just study my Physics/Geography/Maths/Economics/Art subjects for the year.. all honors apart from maths..

All I need is 340 points and the minimum requirements are:

Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with at least Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects and Grade D3 in four Ordinary or Higher Level subjects (including Mathematics; Irish or another language; and English.) In addition, applicants are required to hold at least the following in the Leaving Certificate, or an approved equivalent; Grade B3 in Ordinary Level Mathematics (Grade D3 in Higher Level Mathematics also suffices) and a Grade D3 at Higher or Common Level (or Grade C3 or above at Ordinary Level) in any one of the following: Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Physics with Chemistry, Art, Engineering, Technical Drawing, Construction Studies, Agricultural Science, Biology.

Would I be able to get it if I get the points?

No. You can only use those grades for matriculation purposes. Im almost 100% sure on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

So , I can only carry the grades and not the points?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Correct.

The points must be made up from just one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

Thats okay , as long as I can carry the grade I'm happy , I'll work at the subjects and get 340 out of the 5 and then just carry the grades over from the previous year.. , how do I go about carrying the grades over anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Thats done automatically. Just make sure when you fill out your CAO application you put down your examination number from last year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement