Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for cigarettes

Options
  • 15-09-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Where in Dublin has the largest selection/variety of exotic cigarettes?
    I was tempted to ask on the quit smoking forum but didnt think it would go down well :P
    Not just the run of the mill marlboro and camel

Was looking for Djarum Black
    (aparrently its "like christmas and dreams")

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm off them eleven years now but it seems like the selection available in ordinary newsagents is diminishing all the time. Perhaps many brands have gone off the market but it years since I've seen Craven A, Senior Service, Gold Flake, Capstan, Churchman's, Chesterfield's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Petersons opposite Trinity College maybe. They mainly deal in cigars and pipe tobacco but I'm sure I've seen cigarettes in the shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Petersons opposite Trinity College maybe. They mainly deal in cigars and pipe tobacco but I'm sure I've seen cigarettes in the shop too.
    Fairly mediocre IIRC. The average busy newsagents will probably have a better selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Fairly mediocre IIRC. The average busy newsagents will probably have a better selection.

Well it's been years since I've set foot inside that shop but I remember seeing some unusual brands of smokes. The place maybe completely different these days. Always a great spot for Zippos. Or am I thinking of Fox's.:confused::p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

goonmaster wrote: »
    Was looking for Djarum Black
    (aparrently its "like christmas and dreams")

If its black tobacco you'll probably find that very hard to get in Dublin.

I travel to Majorca most summer's and have an Italian friend here who gets me to bring him home smokes with black tobacco as he can't find any here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'd say Fox's on Grafton St, opposite Trinity.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement