Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cahir best town in tipp

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

yap thay now who thay are good one callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Cahir? Its a bit of a hole.....all you have to do to enter dodge vill is leave he square. Its badly laid out, theres nothing to do there, I mean there are much much worse places, Tipp town (tn), Thurles and Carrick for example.

Cashels ok, it too is a quiet town, not much to do. I dunno how rough cashel is, I know a few people who go to cahir casue they get away with more, and some of the cahir people I know are right little scumbags. not saying everyone there is like that, but its not got a lot going for it. its ok before dark, its just after dark that its not great.

The tn/ts....uhh whats a nice word to describe it...disagreement could go on forever. There seems to be a real resentment from the more northern parts towards the southern parts. TS is a far better place to live, no matter waht way you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cahir? Its a bit of a hole.....all you have to do to enter dodge vill is leave he square. Its badly laid out, theres nothing to do there, I mean there are much much worse places, Tipp town (tn), Thurles and Carrick for example.

Cashels ok, it too is a quiet town, not much to do. I dunno how rough cashel is, I know a few people who go to cahir casue they get away with more, and some of the cahir people I know are right little scumbags. not saying everyone there is like that, but its not got a lot going for it. its ok before dark, its just after dark that its not great.

The tn/ts....uhh whats a nice word to describe it...disagreement could go on forever. There seems to be a real resentment from the more northern parts towards the southern parts. TS is a far better place to live, no matter waht way you look at it.

Coming from a Clonmel person this is quiet pathetic..Clonmel is worst than East/West Ham in London

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

callaway92 wrote: »
    Coming from a Clonmel person this is quiet pathetic..Clonmel is worst than East/West Ham in London

Clonmels grand, certainly not the worst place in Tipp. Its got its dodge balls, but everywhere does. Its more like a mini Dublin, with the accent and laid back attitude, there hasn't been any trouble there in a long time, and most of it is between 2 rival groups of idiots. Once you're not in either of those groups, you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

xbox36016 wrote: »
    ya its like that alot now due to the gangs in woodview
    Think someone should buy you a bottle of cop on. Reading most of your posts you dont have a clue about much. Woodview gangs are you for real while it might not be the high end of the housing market it does not have gang problems.

Ya Clonmel has more problems but they are really limited to as you said 2 gangs. I would know lads who would be involved with these crowds and they are fairly nice lads. I dont think clonmel is or will ever be on a Limerick level.

Sayin Cahir is a bit of a hole is harsh imo

• Advertisement

ya thay do thay are about 4 off tham in my grogphey class

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

ya its like that alot now due to the gangs in woodview

+1

+1

very interesting and valid posts my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Very interesting spelling,;):)

What about your english class many of them there or would i be correct in saying you dont know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Haha

Just been looking over this guys older posts
    The amount Of spelling mistakes is unreal :cool:

Hes either doing it on purpose or just has a touch of the aul Downs syndrome

• Advertisement

what are you on about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

My vote is Templemore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

I agree, the night life in cahir is top class, ive had many a good night out there,
    Only one bad night, and that was when i went to the phoniex pub, wtf its like the wildwest in there
    im not from cahir or clonmel but live close to them,
    cahir wins hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

I am from Cahir, Clonmel is grand but it does have its fair share of problems - more than most towns but ya it's no limerick. The phoenix is mental, the owner has basically given up on making money from it and so they never refuse anybody there, you can do what u want in there, and as a result the place stinks, I mean the smell in there would knock ya, you really have to leave your sense of smell/morallity at the door in that place :P

Cahir does have a fair few fights, but it only involves Ardfinnan Gaa lads and Cahir Gaa lads!!! - well mostly

It really is an easy going place, you never get hassle and never get kicked out of anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

EVERY town in Tipp is SH!TE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I love Cahir. The Swiss Cottage is quite nice, Coopers is one of the best off-licenses in all of Tipp.

The lazy bean is a great place for coffee and lunch.

It's a relaxed and easy going town and people are actually quite nice. Clonmel on the other hand...we'll my Mam always said, if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all :D

your talking shyte :rolleyes:

EVERY town in Tipp is SH!TE.
    Your talking shyte....:rolleyes:

tippspur wrote: »
    Your talking shyte....:rolleyes:
    Nope, that's just my opinion.

I don't really see anything in Tipp to recommend it compared to most other places. No cities, just a pile of tiny, mostly ugly towns with not a whole lot to do.

*shrugs*

Nope, that's just my opinion.

I don't really see anything in Tipp to recommend it compared to most other places

You obviously haven's spent much time in Tipp other than passing through.

Cahir is a lovely town, very picturesque and full of history. There's a castle, a fine example of what is commonly referred to as a 'Swiss Cottage' and the town itself has a lovely atmosphere.

I'm not from Cahir but I've spent a lot of time there and love it. Equally, I love Manhattan but for very different reasons. If you have a one-dimensional view of what makes an interesting town/city then perhaps you won't see much in any towns in Tipp but tbh, there are some nice towns there.

Surprisingly, I always thought I would love Galway because most people seem to think it's great but apart from the wonderful isolation and windswept beauty of Connemara, the place is a hole imo. I can't stand the 'city' and can't recall any towns I liked but Connemara is wonderful. Each to their own I suppose :)

• Advertisement

r3nu4l wrote: »
    You obviously haven's spent much time in Tipp other than passing through.

Cahir is a lovely town, very picturesque and full of history. There's a castle, a fine example of what is commonly referred to as a 'Swiss Cottage' and the town itself has a lovely atmosphere.

I'm not from Cahir but I've spent a lot of time there and love it. Equally, I love Manhattan but for very different reasons. If you have a one-dimensional view of what makes an interesting town/city then perhaps you won't see much in any towns in Tipp but tbh, there are some nice towns there.

Surprisingly, I always thought I would love Galway because most people seem to think it's great but apart from the wonderful isolation and windswept beauty of Connemara, the place is a hole imo. I can't stand the 'city' and can't recall any towns I liked but Connemara is wonderful. Each to their own I suppose :)
    No, I'm from Tipp, lived here full-time for 18 years so I know the place well. I'm from Carrick though so that's probably the main reason behind my, eh... let's go with 'dislike' :rolleyes:

Galway, I agree. Everyone builds it up so so much. Living there at the moment to do my postgrad and yeah, it's nice, but there's no way I'd stay beyond a year. Still look forward to heading back there after Christmas though, it's better than Carrick by a long shot. In my opinion :)

No, I'm from Tipp, lived here full-time for 18 years so I know the place well. I'm from Carrick though so that's probably the main reason behind my, eh... let's go with 'dislike' :rolleyes:

Can't say I know much about Carrick because I've only passed through it once but if you've lived there 18 years, I'll take your word for it :D

I'm not a big fan of Clonmel, I think the town is...missing something but I can't put my finger on what that is. I know the bowling alley is newish but it doesn't seem to have maximised on it's development.

Cashel is only 'okay', in many ways while the Rock has made Cashel, it's also stifled the town. Don't know much about Thurles or Tipp town itself.

/glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about Galway :)

Of course, all of the above is only my opinion, based on my limited experience...so no need for anyone to get worked up if I've not made a more thorough analysis :D

Clonmel, never liked it all that much either. When I'm home I only really go there for the cinema. It's Waterford all the way for shopping, sometimes Kilkenny.

Forget the Rock, what Cashel's got going for it is Chez Hans. Just Fabulous, I love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Cashel has changed a lot since the bypass opened. It has improved itself immensely, and is more pedestrian friendly. Still, the approach to the town, whether you take the M8 or the R639, is appalling. It isn't maintained, and it's weedy and littered.

The very same goes for Cahir at the M8 exit 10 entrance. Again, the route that will convey tens of thousands of future visitors to the town is barren and untended. I'm also amazed at how choked by traffic Cahir still is, admittedly not always, but often enough. THREE bypasses in the past 20 years, and still congestion.

Lastly, a word on Tipp in general. I agree that it has less going for it than a lot of other places in Ireland. However, it does have Fethard with its medieval walls and Athassal Abbey in addition to the standard visitor sites. Athassal Abbey is especially atmospheric at dusk; I recommend everyone go see it.

I would like to see the County Council create some extensive woodland in the county for purely recreational purposes, and I'd like to see a greater promotion of the Galtees and some investment in the many ruined tower houses in the county to prevent them from collapsing.

I really think that people who bitch about there hometown really just werent liked.

So they move away to college they can act all different and think there great.

tipp86 wrote: »
    I really think that people who bitch about there hometown really just werent liked.

:rolleyes:

Ah im in college myself but what i mean is the people who dont come home for the weekends cause they dont like home etc.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Each to his own, surely? It certainly doesn't surprise me that after some people leave Tipp and experience new places, they cast a more critical eye over it. It's only healthy (and totally understandable). Not all criticism should be taken as an insult.

But as for "not coming home at weekends". So what? There are lots of places I'd rather spend a Saturday night than Tipperary, and that shouldn't bother you one bit.

tipp86 wrote: »

You could be right there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

tippspur wrote: »
    You could be right there..

He is right

Advertisement