Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nickelback

Options
  • 15-09-2008 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

what do you guys think of nickelback. i love them. there last two albums are really good. can listen to the album the long road all day.

let me know what ye think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

I really loved Silver Side Up, thought it was a great grungy, angry album. I still listen to it on a regular basis.

As for the new album...one of the biggest disappointments I've had as a music fan, hated it and never got into it. then Rockstar got overplayed (as in played more than once) and now everything about them annoys me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

All their music is terrible. And to be honest, people who like them usually have pretty bad taste in music. FACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

"How You Remind Me" was an ok song. It was overplayed to the max though. I find the new stuff fairly boring and Chad Kroeger looks kind of like a poodle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fcuking awful, I've never liked anything they did. Chad Kroeger's voice just grates too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

well if there that bad why would they selling out tours that they do, and sell so many albums so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

FX Meister wrote: »
    All their music is terrible. And to be honest, people who like them usually have pretty bad taste in music. FACT.

actually a proven fact :D

oldie but goodie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

@cena because everyone has different opinions on what constitutes good music.

i know ye can say whateverye want. i'm just stating the fact

sucessful band does not equal good band. and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

nickleback for the epic win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, I actually think Chad Kroeger has an absolutely terrific voice. I don't really think much of their music mind you, but if the songwriting was better, they could be a really good band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Grunge rock has a new face, that face is nickleback!

I also love the song they did with santonio! Dance on into the night i think its called!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

terribad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

i agree with most of that, same with kid rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I agree with all of most of that. Sorry but if you listen to Nickelback? I have lost respect for you, and therefore regard myself of having higher musical tastes. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Why are nickleback in Rock and metal form? Is there not a pop form somewhere?

I think there's furniture store somewhere looking for a backing track....

Grunge rock has a new face, that face is nickleback! _ OH Lord save us.....

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

One of the worst bands EVER. Absolutely utter dire ****e. Fact. They should **** off and sell furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comickroeger1.png

I was never really a fan of any of their stuff to be honest. The How you remind me single from their Silver side up album was okay but seriously overplayed.

All the new releases are pretty bad to be honest.

I really really dont think they could be described as grunge whoever said that. Especially not the newer albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

egan007 wrote: »
    Why are nickleback in Rock and metal form? Is there not a pop form somewhere?

They're a rock band, they belong here, so cut the elitism please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

They're a rock band, they belong here, so cut the elitism please.

Sorry it's a joke relax... I consider them pop, you consider them rock, fine, there's no elitism just taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I only know one of their songs, "How you remind me". I actually have that track on a compilation album. I've always thought it was sort of ok, but fairly standard post-grunge Nirvana impression stuff. If I hear it on planetrock I'd probably listen all the way through. I can't say I hate Nickelback, as I don't really remember any more of their songs (if someone reminds me I probably will).

I'm happy to like individual songs without committing to liking or disliking the band - like The Beastie Boys, "Fight for your right" or "She's Crafty" (80's was a great decade for music). I wouldn't say though that I like hip-hop (or whatever they do). Having said that though, I'm sure there are bands or artists out there that I can safely dismiss, without giving them a proper listen. :pac:

Jesus I know, that latest song of his went number 1 so it must be a great piece of music. Wait, it's total drivel. Majority of people listen to ****e music. That's undisputed FACT. How else can you explain Robbie Williams? But then he is a great entertainer isn't he?

the most insulting thing nickleback ever did was to put an unreleased dimebag solo on one of their songs after he died.

the words spinning and grave come to mind....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I actually like them! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I actually like them! :)

me too. i really like there newish album(since it has been out since like 2006 i think). although i HATE the Rockstar song, its the worst song on the album imo. They are good live aswell when i seen them a few years ago.

yeah they are good live. there tour clips that i'v seen on the dvd came out as a special looks really

cena wrote: »
    yeah they are good live.

I loved that show they did in portugal. They were really good and the crowd treated them with the respect they deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

One of the worst bands ever, compounded by the fact that Kroeger is such a tool.

'How You Remind Me' is chart orientated drivel, as was that bollox they did with Santana. The only even slightly listenable song they had was 'Too Bad'.

It's bands like Nickelback that make me keep the radio permanently turned off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I loved that show they did in portugal. They were really good and the crowd treated them with the respect they deserved

They deserve no respect, they have almost no skill as musicians and song writers. It's radio friendly drivel. The killer is that the majority of people in the world don't like music, they like listening to things that sound nice. These tards are the perfect example of this.

I FORKING HATE NICKLEBACK :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Kharn wrote: »
    It's radio friendly drivel.
    That's pretty much what I was going to post, well said!

Advertisement