Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nickelback

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Nickelback can play their instruments and chad k can sing in his own bad style. But they don't create music that is in any way good or decent. They are just about good enough to be a tribute bad but got lucky.

Kharn wrote: »
    They deserve no respect, they have almost no skill as musicians and song writers. It's radio friendly drivel. The killer is that the majority of people in the world don't like music, they like listening to things that sound nice. These tards are the perfect example of this.

I FORKING HATE NICKLEBACK :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You didn't watch the video, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

i seen them last sat. what a night. while i was waiting to be picked up which was after 12 when i was. the band staind walked past me. had notthing for them to sign with was kicking myself afterwards

they may of put that solo on to show how much they mess and how much they respected him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

cena wrote: »
    they may of put that solo on to show how much they miss and how much they respected him

doesnt make it right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaay........ *coughs*

Who can't like these lyrics:

We were parked out by the tracks
    We're sitting in the back
    And we just started getting busy
    When she whispered "what was that?"
    The wind, I think 'cause no one else knows where we are
    And that was when she started screamin'
    "That's my dad outside the car!"
    Oh please, the keys, they're not in the ignition
    Must have wound up on the floor while
    we were switching our positions
    I guess they knew that she was missing
    As I tried to tell her dad it was her mouth that I was kissing
    Screamin' No, we're never gonna quit
    Ain't nothing wrong with it
    Just acting like we're animals
    :pac:

Heh... I can kinda see yer point on this one... :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

FX Meister wrote: »
    You didn't watch the video, did you?

I did after seeing that :D:D:D:D

Was at a festival where something similar happened to Slipknot, was awesome.

i seen them last sat. what a night. while i was waiting to be picked up which was after 12 when i was. the band staind walked past me. had notthing for them to sign with was kicking myself afterwards

See it's easy for you to like bands like that because you're a kid and you have yet to develope good taste in music. The only thing I'd let Staind sign would be my foot with their face. They are another terrible band, why people pay to see them is beyond me. There's so much good music out there but people listen to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Nickleback were put on this earth for one reason...to lower the standard....that's all.

i'm actually 23. not a kid.

• Advertisement

ok, from previous posts here and in the wrestling forum you came across like a 13 year old. I'm soory. It seems you are doomed to listen to crap music forever. Come on, staind? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cena, ignore most of the posts here. Listen to what you want to not what people think you should be listening to.

Anyway to answer your question - no I dont like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I hope that one day every band will be like Nickleback

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Missus likes em. he has a good voice. Band sucks.

i don;t remember writing anything on the wrestling forum. i not saying i like staind but they have good songs and i would of like to of had an autograph by them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Missus likes em. he has a good voice. Band sucks.

i don;t remember writing anything on the wrestling forum. i not saying i like staind but they have good songs and i would of like to of had an autograph by them.

I guess it's partly cause I don't see what the big deal is with having autographs of famous people. What are you going to do with them? Offer them as proof when someone calls you a liar when you tell them you met lead singing douche bad from staind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Not my cup of tea although I did see them live (went with a friend so she'd come to Metallica with me) and they put on a decent show. Didnt convince me enough to buy an album though. Their latest songs are just pop songs not rock.

well its not everyday u get to c a well know band walking past you

Again, why do you need their autograph? They will still walk past regardless. Why not just say hi, tell them you like their stuff and cut it there. I doubt you have anything interesting to talk to them about.

• Advertisement

well i did say to them that they played a good show. they said thanks.

no i wouldn't know what else to say to them.

what would you say to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Again, why do you need their autograph? They will still walk past regardless. Why not just say hi, tell them you like their stuff and cut it there. I doubt you have anything interesting to talk to them about.
    well i did say to them that they played a good show. they said thanks.

no i wouldn't know what else to say to them.

what would you say to them?

What the...?? :eek: Is it really relevant?

I do like 'em, think they're cool, have seen them play a few times and while I wouldn't run out to buy their next album, I would deffo to go see them live again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i brought gene hoglan from syl/death out on the lash once. had a savage night. lovely guy.

thats cool. is he the guy thats on the roadrunner united dvd. i'm sure ye were very drunk that night

I invited Dan Deacon out for late night indian after his first gig here with my mates then kicked it at a party with him. Had plenty to talk to him about. As for asking him for his autograph, what's the point? Plenty of times I meet musicians I love to hear, I just say hi, tell them I loved the show or whatever and move on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

. The only thing I'd let Staind sign would be my foot with their face. They are another terrible band, why people pay to see them is beyond me. There's so much good music out there but people listen to them?
    Whats wrong with Staind i prefer them over Nickelback(even though i like nickelback) Great songs,lyrics and voice imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I had a beer with Sepultura outside the SFX

Whats wrong with Staind i prefer them over Nickelback(even though i like nickelback) Great songs,lyrics and voice imo

Whats wrong with them? If you think they have great songs, lyrics and voice then it can't really be explained to you. Some people just have really bad taste in music, you're one of them. But most people like you can't see it. It's like a downs syndrone kid can't help the way he behaves, he just behaves that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Right, FX Meister banned for a week for the above comment, as well as taking the thread completely off topic.

Honestly, have a little common decency and respect for other people, and that goes for everyone here. Lamblasting the taste of music of other posters, and insulting them is a good way of getting yourself banned sharpish. Lets reel this one back on topic please, and not make any further abusive comments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Great band

I absolutely love Far Away

Advertisement