Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nickelback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

yeah far away is good. i like the part when the drums come in. what happened to the other drummer. the new guy is better doh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cena wrote: »
    yeah far away is good. i like the part when the drums come in. what happened to the other drummer. the new guy is better doh

I think he just left. The new drummer was the drummer from 3 Doors Down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I think he just left. The new drummer was the drummer from 3 Doors Down

Really? I didn't realise that! :eek:

Rock and Metal Forum soooo cute <3

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

absolutely terrible band imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

the most insulting thing nickleback ever did was to put an unreleased dimebag solo on one of their songs after he died.

the words spinning and grave come to mind....
    Insulting to who exactly? You? You're aware that Vinny let the band use the track right? If he was going to be so insulted he would have told them to go jump. Dimebag also worked with the band on their cover of Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) so again, he clearly had no problem with the band.

As for what I think of them, well I had been over in the US before How You Remind me dropped and had heard of them there, so I thankfully my first experience of them wasn't the aforementioned massively overplayed track. They do have some good songs though and I liked what he did with Santana so overall I'd give them a slight thumbs up for what they are, mainstream rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Brutal. Mainstream Rock is fine if it has good songs like Green Day, The Offspring or the Red Hot Chilli Peppers but Nicklebacks music is just sludge for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not to nitpick but, personally at least, I wouldn't consider Nickelback to be in the same genre as any of those bands, the former two are punk rock and the latter is more funk rock, or at least used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

You can forget about the Offspring, I dont know what made me mention them. But the other two went for a more mainstream sound yet I felt made good albums. Maybe the Green Day comparison isn't valid but I think the RHCP one is. For me Californication or By The Way are good examples of mainstream rock done well. Silver Side Up had a couple of good songs but Nickleback have gotten worse since.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Brutal. Mainstream Rock is fine if it has good songs like Green Day, The Offspring or the Red Hot Chilli Peppers but Nicklebacks music is just sludge for the most part.

I find that statement insulting to Sludge Metal! ;)

I refer to my previous point about the majority of people on earth not actually liking music, but they like listening to music. There's an extremely important difference. I like music. I like composing it and hearing something new done with it etc. I can appreciate it in a much more different (and vastly more intelligent :p) way to those who merely listen to it. People who listen to music are in the majority, this is why listening to popular radio is my own personal hell. They don't care that someone is playing generic rock riff no. 4 in generic rock key no. 1. They don't care that the structure is unchanged in 4 albums for some of these bands. They don't care that what they think sounds awesome is actually something that some muppet like me who can barely play a guitar learned after 3 months and some time with an effects board.

Let them away, they'll never get music the way I do and for than I'm thankful - after all, how else would I feel so superior on the internet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Rockstar is cringe inducing, its naffness is evident of that. Even the ad its used on makes me want to vomit. How you Remind Me and everything else they've done is more like mechano assembled music, it just sounds assembled without life or imagination, one chord flowing aimlessly into the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

its rock music for people who dont like rock music! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ConstantLove

I love this band.My favourite song Sex.My favourite song Burn it to the ground.
    My favoruite song Rockstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I really like this band. Love their last three albums in particular though.

there going on a hits tour. no sign of Ireland yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

They suck so bad their fanbase is practically a vacuum :-o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I like them and could never understand the hatred people developed for them - always thought it was some stupid Internet meme that people started to believe. If you read often enough the a band is ****e you just believe it without even listening to them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Nope, i've been disliking them since before there were memes [/hipster]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Seeing them in November :):o (hush, all of you! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

There's memes? Please share!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I dated a Nickelback fangirl for about a year. She was more obsessed with Chad Kroeger than me.

There, that's my reason for disliking Nickelback.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My reason for not liking Nickelback is I'm just not a fan of their music.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

I'll admit that I actually like mainstream rock (metal lover me is ashamed of this fact) but I still despise Nickelback.
    "Something In Your Mouth" is the epitome of everything wrong with the band..`

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Haha nobody has ever, ever said "I like Nickelback" without making a joke about them liking Nickelback or automatically following it up with justification as to why they like Nickelback :pac:

I think it's class, long live Nickelback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

"Something In Your Mouth" is the epitome of everything wrong with the band..`

not being very familiar with Nickelback, I looked up that song, lasted about a minute and 30 before turning it off in disgust. ugh. just ugh :o

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Seeing them in November :):o (hush, all of you! :pac:)

you going to the Liverpool gig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

cena wrote: »
    you going to the Liverpool gig

Yeah, should be a fun gig and Saturday night in Liverpool :)

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Yeah, should be a fun gig and Saturday night in Liverpool :)

I'm thinking of going too. family are about 20 minute walking from the echo area. I was hoping for standing ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i like em too, a lot of the lyrics are cringeworthy tripe but some great riffage in there!

Would definitely go see them live.

I could handle the hate if i had their bank balance ( and could rewrite a lot of the lyrics)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

They've been added to encyclopedia metallum, hmm...

• Advertisement

They've been added to encyclopedia metallum, hmm...

What does that mean?

Advertisement