Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filter posts by category brokeh??!

Options
  • 15-09-2008 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

If I click say "games" on the left hand side of the main page it comes up with posts from the games category but some forums are being left out. Anyone else having the same problemo?:confused:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

how can you tell? seems ok for me, but didn't go in to all the forums and check was there newer posts in some in same cat that weren't showing.

Warhammer Destruction Server Lag (14) Funky 15-09 23:27
    PlayStation Playing PS2 Games Online ... (3) ongarite 15-09 23:25
    Omaha etc HHs & Theory PLO200 - Do you play it a... New! BigCityBanker 15-09 23:19
    World of Warcraft best memory on wow (6) Ivan 15-09 23:18
    Warhammer Order Server (Karak Eight... (8) Gunmonkey 15-09 23:16
    Games Fable 2 for the origional... (2) xbox36016 15-09 23:13
    Poker Tournaments & Events WPC OLYMPUS NEW TOURNAMEN... New! caesars pal 15-09 22:58
    Warhammer Destruction Server (Azgal... (17) jaggeh 15-09 22:45
    Poker withdrawing from Ladbrook... (29) herewegoagain 15-09 22:31
    Strategy World in Conflict Irish C... (1) Azza 15-09 22:22
    Games Left 4 Dead (25) Stev_o 15-09 22:16
    Games What can I play on my net... (3) yoyo 15-09 22:15
    Warhammer queues for servers... (12) netman 15-09 22:01
    Pro Evolution Soccer Question about PC version... (1) herbieflowers 15-09 21:26
    Poker Tournaments & Events €100 F/O Every Tuesday in... New! Westbury 15-09 20:55
    Warhammer So what did you roll? (13) KoKane 15-09 20:45
    PlayStation Connecting PS3 to Project... (4) cabrwab 15-09 20:43
    Poker Tournaments & Events Ladbrokes Festival Super ... (4) BIG-SLICK-POKER 15-09 20:24
    PlayStation PS3 not reading discs. (4) eddhorse 15-09 19:59
    Online Tournaments Stars etp freerole (14) herewegoagain 15-09 19:35
    PlayStation Whens Star Wars out? (7) projectmayhem 15-09 19:07
    Poker Tournaments & Events Opinions on Payout struct... (4) BIG-SLICK-POKER 15-09 19:07
    Poker Tournaments & Events OVERLAY ALERT!! (2) zuroph 15-09 18:58
    Poker Tournaments & Events SUNDAY 21ST €2OOO GUARANT... New! BIG-SLICK-POKER 15-09 18:46
    Poker Tournaments & Events Tournaments in Dublin ton... New! DeadMoney 15-09 18:32
    Final Fantasy FF9 playback trouble (5) Retr0gamer 15-09 17:57
    PlayStation Good sites for reviews an... (5) L31mr0d 15-09 17:51
    Guitar Hero Rockband Drum silencers New! faigs 15-09 17:19
    Warhammer EA shop (6) hairyheretic 15-09 16:33
    Holdem HHs & Theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I checked the competitive gaming and xbox forums and there was more recent posts in there.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

same for me then so, could be an issue with all the cat links, very hard for people to notice that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Have also noticed a few soccer threads not appearing in the Sports category filter this evening.

The Sys category filter page also seems to be truncated.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Probably been broken for a quite a while.

I've entirely rewritten the latest posts system for a rejig of the front page ( won't be hugely different looking, just a rejig :) ) and it works correctly, no duplicates/triplicates, no posts/threads/forums missing (unless they're on the exclusion list like Prison, etc) and even gives accurate "error" messages for non-logged in users who try to use the subbed/private filters, etc.

Plus RSS feeds for all, hurrah.

Will be rolling it out shortly, hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Good job with that.... RSS feeds could go down well for some forums like web development forum and even bargain alertys

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

CuLT wrote: »
    I've entirely rewritten the latest posts system for a rejig of the front page
    Is that's what's changed the number of posts showing up in the "subscribed" list here?

I used to get a screenful of recent posts in the forums I subscribe to, but now I only get two. Also, traffic has, uncharacteristically, almost entirely dried up in the three forums I hang around in.

Are these two facts related?

robindch wrote: »
    Is that's what's changed the number of posts showing up in the "subscribed" list here?

I used to get a screenful of recent posts in the forums I subscribe to, but now I only get two. Also, traffic has, uncharacteristically, almost entirely dried up in the three forums I hang around in.

Are these two facts related?
    I limited results to show only recent (ie, last 24 hours) posts. In the rewritten version that's extended to a week or so for subbed, and a month for private.

Unless the traffic started drying up starting at the weekend just past, it's not related to this alteration.

CuLT wrote: »
    I limited results to show only recent (ie, last 24 hours) posts. In the rewritten version that's extended to a week or so for subbed, and a month for private.

Unless the traffic started drying up starting at the weekend just past, it's not related to this alteration.
    Well, something's happening as the forum post list has now dried up entirely.

In the three forums to which I subscribed, the 'filter=subbed' list used to give me all the recent activity. That was usually a list of no more than (guessing) around 30 topics extending back a couple of days since the three forums are mildly busy and I'd never seen an occasion when there were fewer than 30 threads active in any particular week. Anyhow, it gave a good and useful overview of what had been happening in the forums.

Now, when I click on the "Subbed" link on the very topmost menubar, the "Latest Forum Posts" table is completely blank -- no info from subscribed threads or subscribed forums. Nada.

This is great since I now spend much less time on boards :) since I don't have a birdseye view of what's going on, but it may well turn into a pain to keep up with hosted modding duties.

Any ideas?

Yep, anything more than 24 hours old is currently excluded from the list. That'll change once the new front page gets rolled out.

• Advertisement

...um, but as it stands for me at the moment, the list that's produced by Hagars subbed.php flag contains everything that's happened today and that's 12 entries (seems to be the list of active topics in subscribed forums in the last six hours), while the filter=subbed gives me only 2 items.

Oh wow, rather silly mistake on my part. Should be fixed now.

Ah, much better -- thank you.

Thanks for highlighting it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement