Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

a7x

• 16-09-2008 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

this is a thread for a7x lovers to discuss everything a7x related :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sorry,but they absolutely suck and thats why no ones posting in your thread :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

a thread which was only started last night and which YOU took the time to post in? clever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

They have some catchy enough songs but the solos usually annoy me - no matter what the pace it turns into "look how fast I can play". Not my cup of tea - but the rest of the song is usually decent then.

Only have a couple of songs...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    They have some catchy enough songs but the solos usually annoy me - no matter what the pace it turns into "look how fast I can play". Not my cup of tea - but the rest of the song is usually decent then.

you should look at some of their newer music, those uneccesary fast solos are only really in the older a7x music, theyve changed their style quite a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Isn't there a thread bout these things already? And if my memory serves me correct, it was clarified that the majority of people here don't like them. Think I remember lambasting their god awful Paris performance this year on it too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I think their riffs are ok but their singer's voice just grates on me. I don't know if they still do it but their cover of 'Walk' is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

sorry,but they absolutely suck and thats why no ones posting in your thread :D.

There's absolutely no call for being rude, and it's completely unacceptable to be rubbing the poster's nose in the fact that nobody had replied. If you don't like this thread, there's plenty of others for you to post in, so you don't have to trash someone else's thread. I'm frankly dissapointed in the posters here that anyone would give you a thumbs up for that post.

Infracted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Any songs to suggest a listen to? I've liked 'Afterlife', 'Beast & The Harlot' and 'Trashed and Scattered' (though the last, it's mainly parts of it). There was another one or two that I can't remember the name of - One (video) featured a spider from time to time :) and the other video was about a robbery, getting caught and locked up (Possibly 'Seize the day').

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Like someone else posted it was more so their older stuff tht the unnesscary fast solos came into play. Syn has alot of melodic solos, an example of one being sieze the day and hes also a very well educated musician often bringing in many different scales!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

one of my favourite A7X songs is Warmness Of The Soul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gerr

one of my favourite A7X songs is Warmness Of The Soul.

Great tune that.

Really like 'Waking the Fallen', am quite fond off newest album, but not into 'City of Evil' at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not a big fan of the first album but I've really been liking City Of Evil and their self-titled release. I guess it was the screaming on the first release that turned me off it more than anything else.

Saw them live on the CoE tour too and thought they were great. Gates may not be the best off-the-cuff soloist but I enjoy what he records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

yummy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

I haaaaaate them but hey thats me (and all my mates but anyway...). Everyone to their own!

Anyone got the latest release? I still havent gotten round to getting it. heard the DVD is deadly though...

Advertisement