Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High School Musical

Options
  • 16-09-2008 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭

What do ye think of it?

It's probably a mortal sin but I love it! :o It's just so wonderfully cheesy and full of catchy songs. You can't deny the catchiness!

I can't wait to see the third movie the minute it comes out in the cinema. I'll probably be the oldest person in the cinema who isn't bringing some sort of younger person with me but do I care? Nope! I love me some High School Musical. (but i hate the girl in it...)

Cue the abuse!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

It's ok. We can bring my nieces and use them as an excuse!

I also harbour a secret love for High School Musical. It's so awful it's good. It's possibly one of the cheesiest films ever made but it's just so much fun!

Although, I hate the second one.

But bring on uimhir a trí none the less! :D

Prepares to be banned for liking a musical based on the man candy. Zac Efron is dreamy...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

It's ok eventine, we don't judge. (Lest we ourselves be judged... :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

The second one was terrible but I still have hope for the third.

Zac Efron is indeed dreamy....

eVeNtInE, I know every word to the soundtrack. It is so amazing! :D

I think I'll buy it tomorrow...

I also have a confession...

The first time I saw it was on video - which I'd borrowed from my ex's little sister because I don't have the Disney channel and she taped it...

*hangs head in shame*

And I already have the soundtrack somewhere. To the first one! Not number 2!

• Advertisement

I taped it off BBC at Christmas and watched it practically everyday for a week...

At least somebody else recorded yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

ashley tisdale is hot in it.

My man candy comment has clearly lowered the tone of the forum. I'm sorry Fonpokno.

Vanessa Hudgens. Ah yes, she's been very popular since the infamous n00dz incident... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Vanessa Hudgens. Ah yes, she's been very popular since the infamous n00dz incident... :rolleyes:
    ahhh yes.

/disappears nonchalantly

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Most annoying voice in the world though! Completely ignores the consonants in the middle of and at the end of words! Infuriating.

Google the nude incident? Never, no-one did that. At all. >_>

Drooling over Zac Efron ftw.

Even I've seen them. I must say I expected her to look better...

But back on topic. She's not the best singer. And her character's kind of annoying. Ryan & Sharpe are definitely my favourites.

Even I've seen them. I must say I expected her to look better...

But back on topic. She's not the best singer. And her character's kind of annoying. Ryan & Sharpe are definitely my favourites.

Ryan! Ryan is so cool! He is the best singer like ever! And I love his flamboyant dancing...

i suppose i should add that i haven't seen any of the musicals themselves, and i don't think i will.

i'm sorry but the box itself just puts me off entirely and the whole set in high school in america just makes me want to pour acid in my eyes.

:D But it's a musical made of candyfloss and morals and happiness! It's so wonderful! Go on Cremo, explore your eh... fluffy side!

fonpokno wrote: »
    :D But it's a musical made of candyfloss and morals and happiness! It's so wonderful! Go on Cremo, explore your eh... fluffy side!
    ehmm i'm going to have to find someone to lend them to me, i would buy them but ehh, actually no scratch that idea i'm not having more rumours spread :D

I shall give them to you myself! As mod of musicals it is my job to spread musical glory to the masses!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I have to agree with Cremo on this one. I can't bring myself to watch HSM. The little clips I saw on movie shows put me right off. Horribly bland American High school stereotypes put me right off.
    The only time I can put up with films set in an American high school is when they are openly ripping into it ala Charlie Bartlett (or if its an action movie of some kind... hmmm an action musical... now THAT has potential).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Love it, Love it, Love it!

In all its cheesy glory! The songs are sooo catchy but i think they are pretty good!

Cant wait for The third one, october 24th it it?

Niamh-17 wrote: »
    Love it, Love it, Love it!

In all its cheesy glory! The songs are sooo catchy but i think they are pretty good!

Cant wait for The third one, october 24th it it?

I think so! I'll admit it, I was looking at the trailer yesterday on the site... It's not natural that I should be so excited about it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

this is gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Overature, kindly keep your most unhelpful opinions to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ah high school musical...LOVE it

have the first one on dvd tiwce and hae the live concert dvd
    have the 2nd one on dvd aswell.

what time is it?
    time of our lives

tryed so hard to convince my mam and dad to get the disney channel when i saw the adds for it.

oh and indeed zac efron!
    high-school-musical-efron7.jpg
    yum

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

2 of the same DVD?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

didnt buy them but yup ive got two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I finally forced myself to watch it a few months back after being subjected to "All in this Together" as the finale of not one, not two but THREE shows I was in the year it came out.

And yes, it was as bad as I had feared, but yet strangely compelling...

Vanessa Hudgens is a terrible singer though - her technique is appalling.

Zac Efron, however... well, I will admit to having some highly inappropriate thoughts about him. Mostly they were kicked off by his very first appearance in Hairspray where he does the whole "And I'm... Link!" thing in Nicest Kids in Town.

Hubba hubba!

Honey-ec wrote: »

Vanessa Hudgens is a terrible singer though - her technique is appalling.
    Thank you! She's just horrific isn't she? With her awful annoying nasal voice... I think I'll watch High School Musical now though.

Zac Efron, however... well, I will admit to having some highly inappropriate thoughts about him. Mostly they were kicked off by his very first appearance in Hairspray where he does the whole "And I'm... Link!" thing in Nicest Kids in Town.

Hubba hubba!

Oh he's yummy. much better in Hairspray. He didn't do his own singing in HSM apparently..... makes me sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

As a parent (and a 48 year-old male) I have to say I loathe HSM. Of course, I have two daughters (9 and 11) who absolutely love it. :mad: I'm trying to get them to watch (and appreciate) the older musicals, but to no avail. :(

I did, however, love the original HSM (i.e. Grease). :D

And yes, overature, we are all ghey. :cool: How we ever manage to have kids I don't know. :confused:

Advertisement