Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High School Musical

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Missiechan

I love HSM, but the second one in particular. The first was a bit po-faced for my liking and I haven't seen the third but the second one was what got me into it in the first place.

The baseball song - so filled with homoerotic subtext it couldn't possibly have been accidental. LOVE!

Plus Ryan's actor seems to be just enjoying the campy ridiculousness of it all, which makes me crush on him big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cathead

I am 22 years of age and I am a massive High School Musical Fan!!!

Love them all! They are all happy go lucky films, with very catchy songs and lovely duets!

They get a lot of slack but I think each of the movies has their own merits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I thought the third one was definitely the best! I'll admit I cried at it.... Gabriella is such a silly bint always dumping Troy... She should appreciate what she's given!

They really are just happy films. They get a lot of abuse yeah but at the end of the day they're aimed at pre-teens. They're hardly going to be amazing!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the High School Musical films are far from great films but what they are is damn good fun. You know when warching one exactly what you will get. It's infectious good fun which is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

Watching 17 Again last night I was struck by the fact that Zach Efron is actually a genuinely talented actor.

Yeah it's amazing isn't it?? He's actually talented which makes me very happy cos it's ok to think he's gorgeous when he's that good....

I'm shallow, I know.

• Advertisement

fonpokno wrote: »
    Yeah it's amazing isn't it?? He's actually talented which makes me very happy cos it's ok to think he's gorgeous when he's that good....

I'm shallow, I know.

Someone called him the new DeCaprio which I think is a stretch. He's talented but I really don't see his career going that far. Think he may be the new Jesse Metcalf, one big role followed by one successful film before being relegated to direct to DVD stinkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I secretly pretend to everyone that i hate HSM when i actually love the frickin movies to bits.
    I also like hannah montana, Oh the shame! :P

I'll admit it, I was tempted to go see the Hannah Montana movie but I didn't cos I was too ashamed!

I'm also ashamed to admit that I kinda wanna see that new film with that awful hudgens girl, Bandslam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

i'm 22 and only got into HSM last year when i went to see HSM3 without having seen the first 2, ended up buying the first 2 then on dvd the next week! ha..they're so cheesy yet brilliant.

Bandslam is very good, nice story behind it, loners get together - my kinda movie!! :P

I want to see Bandslam myself but I absolutely detest Vanessa Hudgens and her awful nasal singing so I know I'll just get annoyed at the film! I think I'll have to see it anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I still have to see bandslam too.. Maybe tomorrow.
    fonpokno, you should have went to see hannah montana the movie. Catchy tunes and all! I admit i have a few songs on my phone :o ..

Ha I was going to try to bring my boyfriend's little sister or try to get my friend to drag her nieces but I never got around to it!

I may actually just have to rent it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dinadana

are you speaking about Disney movie? my youngest brother always watching it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye the Disney films :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dinadana

sometimes i think that Jonas brothers and company are the members of my family)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leoshai

What I've Been Looking For -HSM- I like the Sharpay and Ryan best with the snaps and jazz squares! It's fun to bop along to.
    5. The Boys are Back -HSM3- This is an uber cool song, and then they turn into little kids and there is a little Troy and Chad! So cute.

Advertisement