Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2

Options
  • 16-09-2008 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

how dissapointed were people in halo 2? very few of my friends bought it but i did and i was so dissapointed, it was just so similar to the first one (in terms of gameplay)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Not dissapointed at all. Great game, super story, Swords, Elites, dual wielding. Awesomeness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Halo 2 is one of the best on line games available. The actual game itself is decent but its the online that makes it what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

richie_os wrote: »
    how dissapointed were people in halo 2? very few of my friends bought it but i did and i was so dissapointed, it was just not so similar to the first one (in terms of gameplay)

Fixed that for ya. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i loved 2 also, duel wielding 2 needlers and completly destroying someone was hillarious

But i played them in order, i had 1 for a while, then had 2 then 3, each one was just adding to the story so it was great, im glad i played them that way, i was a little pissed at the ending of 2, but thats all ill say on that

it was incredibly hard on legendary in co-op ..it was impossible at some points

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Your right, Halo 2 legendary was the most difficult but definetly had the best story.

Halo 3 story blows imo.

Love to see some DLC Campaign released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

I think H2 was pretty revolutionary imo. Such a step up from the first one tbh and imagine i have never played it online!! :( I must change that. Lockout was f***ing amazing!!!! I think i knew that level down to every millimeter on the map!!lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I liked the first Halo, decent story and the gameplay was great until the Flood came along and it monotonous.

Halo 2 was a massive dissapointment. Technically it looked gorgeous but pushed the xbox a bit too far. The framerate really was pretty bad at times. Also Bungie didn't learn from any of the mistakes from the first game. After an absolutely cracking set of levels for the start of the game, you took control of the arbiter and it all went down hill. Levels were constructed of boring repeating corridors, even more so than in the first game. And then some one had the bright idea of introducingthe flood even earlier meaning the rest of the game was a dull boring grind fight enemies as intelligent as a bic biro except twice as boring.

Storywise it was a massive letdown. Halo didn't have a great story but it was simple, well told and kept the plot ticking over. Halo 2's was utter garbage. The whole thing was utterly ridiculous and it took itself too seriously and without a decent story or good writing to back it up it it stunk of something trying too hard to be pretentious and failing on every level.

Never played Halo 2 online but after Halo 3 I know I wouldn't have been impressed. It just seemed like a poor immitation of far better games available on the PC.

Advertisement