Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hit car

Options
  • 16-09-2008 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I hit a car today when i was in a carpark... I was turning down one of the ramps and realised I was at the wrong angle so I reversed up a bit and while doing so I hit a car behind me. I got out to check the person in the car was alright and he got got out to check for damage etc. he said that he beeped at me several times (which i didnt understand seeing as if he had time to beep me so much why didnt he reverse?) but he actually only beeped once after Id hit him (I know it was ENTIRELY my fault and I should have seen him but carpark was dark etc and fairly empty and we were both parked at end of parking bay and i didnt realise that he was coming out too.. anyway there was no dents, no damage at all to my car but there was a tiny lil scratch on his bumper, maybe 4cm in length and 1cm in height... like he didnt see it at first.... how much do small scratches cost to get repaired?... I took a pic too and we exchanged details....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

If he milks it the whole panel could have to be sprayed... So anything from nothing to around €300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sparxx

:( seriously? it was so tiny though!...damn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

If you try be as sincere with him as possible, you could get some touch up or turtle wax colour restore for example (not sure if right name). Worked great on my car covering really bad scratches from the previous owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

congo_90 wrote: »
    (not sure if right name)

T-Cut

Advertisement