Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cheap beer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Oasis678

Hi Guys I had some brahma from lidl and found it nice similiar to miller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Oasis678 wrote: »
    Hi Guys I had some brahma from lidl and found it nice similiar to miller

Both brewed in the UK and have lost all their original character.:mad:

Polar101 wrote: »
    Another vote for Newcastle Brown Ale, great stuff for €1.40 (at Dunnes). I don't really drink lager any more, so this is one of the best options for me.

Have you tried Spitfire, nice but a bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭eoin4789

you will not and i repeat will not beat bavaria
    NUIG students know that on a night out its gonna be 3 euro bav or fosters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

anyone else find miller too sweet / sickly ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Have you tried Spitfire, nice but a bit pricey.

Sheperd Naeme beers are great, especially Bishops Finger! Fantastic stuff.

As you said, pricey but I only drink good beer these days and cans of Tuborg and muck like that do not cut it.
    Premium craft beer all the way. You get less for your money but you enjoy it so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Saruman wrote: »
    Sheperd Naeme beers are great, especially Bishops Finger! Fantastic stuff.

As you said, pricey but I only drink good beer these days and cans of Tuborg and muck like that do not cut it.
    Premium craft beer all the way. You get less for your money but you enjoy it so much more.

I didnt like Bishops Finger at all when tried it. Way too earthy for me, almost a kinda mushroom taste off it. The best decent beer at a half decent price has to be Brooklyn lager at 9 euro for a 6 pack. Lovely stuff altogether.

The price of some of the decent ales is through the roof in some offies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Anoeta wrote: »
    I didnt like Bishops Finger at all when tried it. Way too earthy for me, almost a kinda mushroom taste off it.
    It's funktastic all right. I quite like that.

The best decent beer at a half decent price has to be Brooklyn lager at 9 euro for a 6 pack. Lovely stuff altogether.
    +1

BeerNut wrote: »

+1

+2 on the brooklyn. Its almost a pale ale.

+2 on the brooklyn. Its almost a pale ale.

Yeh its beautiful stuff. Long may the cheap price tag continue!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

It's funktastic all right. I quite like that.

The worse it tastes, the more exclusive it is.

The worse it tastes, the more exclusive it is.
    Huh?

Huh?

He might be referring to this sort of thing.

Bishops finger though does not pretend to be anything other than what it is. Kentish Ale! I had one last night after a Fullers ESB.
    Oh and Tesco (big ones) are still doing the 2 for €2 on Carlow and shepherd naeme :D Grabbed some O'haras stout, red and Bishops fingers.

Bishops finger though does not pretend to be anything other than what it is.
    It's a permanent part of the range of one of the UK's biggest brewers: about as exclusive as Carlsberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Murphys 8 cans for €8 in tesco in bargain alerts
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60708238&posted=1#post60708238

Good price for Murphys, never had it in a can. Might grab some and try it out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Good price for Murphys, never had it in a can. Might grab some and try it out.

Cans of Murphys taste grand, usually pour it into a glass though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Erdinger is also 2 quid a bottle in that Tesco promotion, beats nearly 3 quid everywhere else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

A lot of good beer mentioned here, and quite a few I hadnt heard of but must try.
    Similar to the Biere D'Or offered in Tesco, is Biere de France on sale in Dunnes Stores. Its 18*250ml bottles for €7.86 iirc. Its really nice stuff. Basically 9 pints for less than 8 quid. Thats very good value.
    Also 6 Amstel 500ml cans for €9. A little more than others but still good.

20*330ml bottles of Carslberg for €22 in Fine Wines in Limerick.
    Somebody also mentioned Labbatt Ice which is less than €1 per bottle. Usually 20 bottles for €16 or 24 bottles for €18...something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Also like Biere D'Or and Beire de France, but much better is Finkbrau from Lidl. €9.60 for 24 250ml bottles! It's a pain in the ass when you have to go to the bottle bank though.

• Advertisement

Cans of Bass only €1.15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

Love a few cans of stella when I can get it cheap.

Love tuborg aswell!

Not a big bavaria fan, tends to give me heartburn! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Cheapest beer? Crate of Galahad (24 cans) 20euro in Aldi. Need black ID to purchase.
    Eh Bavaria Crate for 24 euro in Tesco these days. Not bad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mossin wrote: »
    A lot of good beer mentioned here, and quite a few I hadnt heard of but must try.
    Similar to the Biere D'Or offered in Tesco, is Biere de France on sale in Dunnes Stores. Its 18*250ml bottles for €7.86 iirc. Its really nice stuff. Basically 9 pints for less than 8 quid. Thats very good value.
    Also 6 Amstel 500ml cans for €9. A little more than others but still good.

Just to let you know Tescos (well my local one in Jervis St) do 8 cans of Amstel for €10.35 or something like that, thats what I currently buy and its very good value :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Tennents is pretty cheap @ €1.3X a can . It's not a bad "cheap" beer actually. and Superquinn do a cheap "Euroshopper" label beer which is even cheaper per can.

yoyo wrote: »
    Just to let you know Tescos (well my local one in Jervis St) do 8 cans of Amstel for €10.35 or something like that, thats what I currently buy and its very good value :)

Nick
    Just back from Holland where I got 24 bottles of Amstel for €8.99 in the super market :P

The Amstel you get here only recently came from Holland and was 5% abv but its now made in Ireland and is 4.3%abv I believe. I know I stopped buying it when they changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cloned Alien

A nice decent beer is Munsterbrau 10 bottles for €5 the only place i know you can get in is Superquinn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Nothing beats Moosehead. For €1.50 a bottle it has to be the nicest beer around, beautiful skunky flavour off it. And its brewed by Canada's largest independent brewery, in Canada, not by some big multinational in Cork or Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Mossehead's a good beer but not into it these days. used to go out on a friday night with £10 and buy 10 JP Blue and 6 Moosehead when I was 15...good times

• Advertisement

I didnt like Bishops Finger at all when tried it. Way too earthy for me, almost a kinda mushroom taste off it. The best decent beer at a half decent price has to be Brooklyn lager at 9 euro for a 6 pack. Lovely stuff altogether.

The price of some of the decent ales is through the roof in some offies.

Tried Bishops Finger for a 2nd time at the weekend and this time around it was a different beast altogether. Lovely butteryness to it. The first bottle I tried was definitely a bogey one!!!

Advertisement