Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 1 & 2

Options
  • 16-09-2008 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Does anyone play quake 1 or 2 anymore? If so, where? I haven't played it in years and I still have both games for pc. I've tried playing the single player once or twice since but it's just not the same in this day and age.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i played quake 2 a few months ago, loved it. alot more than I did the first time around. There is a hi-res pack floating around on the internet, makes q2 look alot prettier.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yermin

Where did you do it, i mean, where do I sign up? Is there a site or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you'll just have to google, i couldn't find the one I got previously but there are a few available.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I think the OP is looking for a server to play against other people rather than to download anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yermin

I found the patches etc. they were at a site called quake 2 evolved.com i believe (with no spaces), but yeah, i was originally looking for a server, that's what i should have said. thanks mistressmord. What's an OP kintaro? btw, if anyone reads this and both wants to play q2 or 1 online and knows how to set it up, please pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OP stands for Original Poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

I play deathmatch classic on steam... Its Quake 1 remade with source engine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Alternatively, you could play the original quakeworld, which, even 12 years after release, still has an active community and constantly developed client and server software (a new version of the ezquake client was released last week).

A complete modern quake package can be found at http://nquake.com/ and servers can be found either through the in-game browser or through quakeservers.net. Enjoy.

You can get Quake 2 on the X-Box 360, if you have one. It comes as a bonus with Quake 4.

While I found Quake 4 disappointing, it was great to play Quake 2 again, as I hadn't played it since college.

The achievements on it weren't worth any points though! :( (an X-Box thing for those of you who don't have one!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

No idea how many hours of my life I spent playing Q2 ... on with the nostalgia

Savage Q2CTF
    savage4qp5.jpg

Some Irish game - think it was a short lived CTF league that never got going.

screamiq2ctflzu6.gif

- let's see your screenshots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

pH wrote: »
    No idea how many hours of my life I spent playing Q2 ... on with the nostalgia

Savage Q2CTF
    savage4qp5.jpg

Some Irish game - think it was a short lived CTF league that never got going.

screamiq2ctflzu6.gif

- let's see your screenshots!

Lol, there's a blast from the past. That last screenshot is way old. McGin was the founder of ScreaM and used to play on software mode at 512x384 res, no wonder he sucked. Close game it would seem though. We always did play sh1te at CTF and looks like HIV did too :o

Does Q2 run under Vista ? I must give it a bash.

TC

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Advertisement