Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom/Cayman Router/ Port fowarding

Options
  • 16-09-2008 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Any help would be much appreciated, basically we have a router in our house and 3 of us connect wirelessly. I wanted to play Pro evo and other games online but I can't seem to connect to other computers and the same for them.

I tried setting my computer as a static IP but I could see my wireless connection but couldn't connect to the internet? Another question is, if I'm trying to port forward, should I be doing it on the router or the PC I'm on?

Any help would be welcomed, when I tried to set a staic IP I used the instruction on port forward . com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kalamazoo

Just managed to get this to work for myself.

I don't think you need to set up a static address because you can associate the port forwarding to a machine name. see http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247NWG-VGx/

Whilst you are on the router configuration you will need to change the setting on the firewall section. I had to put it down to low to get it to work.

You will also need to add an exception into windows xp firewall. I presume thats what you are using. I'm not sure what port number pro evo uses.

Hope this helps

Advertisement