Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New traffic lights on the dock road

Options
  • 16-09-2008 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

Just across from where henshaws used be. Seriously wtf, its the last thing the dock needs. road was dire before then they made the 2 lanes outbound which helped a little, now lights. I was vicious this monring, i was stuck outside the shell for 5 mins this morning. The lights went red just as i got to them, they were on for a good bit at least a min. Then i noticed the new road was still blocked off. Its an estate there won't be that much traffic to warrant a minute red.

Gah too many bloody lights, don't even get me started on the ones outside the hilton, some councillor earned himself a nice penthouse in the hilton with that one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

agreed an bloddy joke! i assume all these were planned around the expected relief the new bypass will give to the dock road...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well I am sure you will be delighted to know that another set of lights is due on the Dock Road.

One set is the set down near Enterprise motors, where the new exit from Alandale is, and the other set is due up near Shell.

Unless of course they have gotten the second set in since I was last on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

No need for these lights - cars turning left are cool anyways. Cars turning right should turn left onto dock road first and then indicate across the road to do a U turn in one of the many broad entrances and then make their way back to town. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Kess73 wrote: »
    One set is the set down near Enterprise motors, where the new exit from Alandale is, and the other set is due up near Shell.

Unless of course they have gotten the second set in since I was last on the road.

You're sh1tting me!!! The enterprise ones were the ones i was giving out about. Looks like i'll be going the long way to get to dell now. Fecksake the dock road was halfways decent again. It used take me an hour before to get from the ennis road to dell via the dock road(before they brought in the 2 lanes), it took me 30 mins to go down to hassests through town and out by the quality hotel, which was a few extra miles.

The second set are to go by the left hand turn before the Shell station. Cannot remember if they are due before or just after Xmas though.

There was a thread on here about it about six months ago, plus it was listed in the Limerick Leader

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    The second set are to go by the left hand turn before the Shell station. Cannot remember if they are due before or just after Xmas though.

There was a thread on here about it about six months ago, plus it was listed in the Limerick Leader

Up by the extremely narrow road, takes you to Mary I? I rarely see more than 2 cars trying to get out of there. They'd want to get the finger out and build and finish this tunnel.

Yep that's the road.

It is a brutal idea to cause extra congestion on the Dock Road as the road has plenty without the extra stoppages. A small roundabout would have worked better down at the new Alandale exit in my opinion, as traffic flow could continue when it had to.

Mind you, it is probably the same brains behind it as the ones who put the traffic lights by the bridge on the Ballysimon/Tipperary road

Heard somehwere(pissed off taxi driver) that the dude who was brought in to manage traffic rarely used a car and cycled everywhere, around the same time all the lights started appearing in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

seriously wtf.Was also stuck in this this morning. Is it backwards we are going?

bobmeaney wrote: »
    seriously wtf.Was also stuck in this this morning. Is it backwards we are going?

not looking forward to 6 o'clock or heading into it next week at 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

So thats the dock road, the tipperary road, the childers road, and the ennis road.....where will they strike next??...again i suppose no one admits responsibility for these idiotic c0ckup5?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Heard somehwere(pissed off taxi driver) that the dude who was brought in to manage traffic rarely used a car and cycled everywhere, around the same time all the lights started appearing in the city.

I dunno about this dude the taxiste was on about, but in defense of all Limerick city cyclists, traffic lights are no benefit to us either in fairness.

I suspect these extra stoppages are deliberate to boost toll takings in the tunnel - as is the reason they are not willing to do a northern ring road.

Advertisement