Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week Whats happening.

Options
  • 16-09-2008 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

I got this email yesterday about freshers week.
    Thought i would post the list of events and see what people think.

Monday Night - Comedy & Craic in The Village
    David O\'Doherty and Fred the band from Cork. They\'re wicked!

Tuesday Night - Freshers Ball in the Academy
    The Blizzards, TKO, Bluemoose, Rock n\' Roll Karaoke, Oxygen Bar, DIT DJ Soc. . . School Disco theme!

Wednesday Night - Silent Disco in Break for the Border
    Silent Disco - usual story

All nights are free to DIT students. Tickets for Freshers Ball can only be gotten through opening Ulster Bank account.

I think there might be more stuff as well , personally i think David O'Doherty will be good he has weird type of humour. And i see again they are pushing the opening an Ulster Bank account thing ( which is usefull as last year they gave you €100 into your Ulster Bank account after you opened it.

So any thoughts then on the rest ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 therhythmbyrne

Slightly off topic but does freshers week apply to people in part-time courses?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Any info re: drinks promotions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gitsy

wat dates are all these nights..

do we get any drink vouchers for bein new ha??

stil no reply for dt007:(

007:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

And re: tickets, if we already have an Ulster Bank account can we still get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Around what time would these things be on at???
    And whats a silent disco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

JohnG18 wrote: »
    And whats a silent disco

Everyone wear's headphones and listens to different music from different djs!! :D

When is freshers week? Where do I get my ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

right we need someone from student union to really answer any of this stuff
    , but i will try.
    Voltwad wrote: »
    And re: tickets, if we already have an Ulster Bank account can we still get them?

i am pretty sure you can , just tell them you opened on last year or something .

And as for part time students , of course you can go to any event during freshers week ( i mean you have a dit id right , so just buy a ticket and go).

I think freshers week is the week starting 22th

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

monday night is looking good.

the others not so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

Heya Guys,

Freshers week is a week of entertainments for Freshers!!! And guess what? Freshers go for free!!!

Monday night! Free!!! First come first served, limited number of places!

Tuesday night! Free!!! All you have to do is open an Ulster Bank Student Account and you get your ticket. Already got a student account? explain this to the Ulster Bank reps and they'll sort you out!!!

Wednesday Night! Free!!! First come first served, limited number of headsets!

All Freshers events are for Freshers only!

Loads of onsite entertainments throughout the week aswell, pop into your SU for more details or check out DITSU.ie and keep an eye out for posters around your site!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Just set up the second ulster bank account and got the ticket! Lookin forward to it now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭duncanb

do you need to be over 18 to attend freshers ball????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mufc4life

yes gud question - do u av t be over 18 for freshers ball and monday night?will u get in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cadeaus

It's over 18s but as far as I know it's not very difficult to get in as there's usually a bit of a mad crowd. I'd say try late in the night or via the smokers area or something.*

*I do not condone such behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Not registering till tuesday as I am going straight into second year, so I will miss Monday night of the freshers because I cant get a ticket till I have student id and my id is issued after registration afaik?

I got my ticket for the Freshers Ball :D
    But I ticked the box for credit card may be the biggest mistake of my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭claret

Any way you can just buy a freshers ball ticket instead of having to open an ulster bank account?
    If not, do you need proof of address to open one?
    And will Ulster Bank still be around on Monday or are they only there during induction week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

What was up with the Kopparberg in Aungier today? Were they giving it out for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

What was up with the Kopparberg in Aungier today? Were they giving it out for free?

We were getting all happy in Kevin at the fact that the student's union were actually going to give free drink. Happy days!
    Then the anti-climax came in the form of it being Non - Alcoholic Kopparberg Pear.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

All Freshers events are for Freshers only!

Seriously, you can't even bring a friend who's not in DIT?

Gazza22 wrote: »
    We were getting all happy in Kevin at the fact that the student's union were actually going to give free drink. Happy days!
    Then the anti-climax came in the form of it being Non - Alcoholic Kopparberg Pear.

:pac:

I really liked it cause I dont drink and its rare you get non alcoholic NON soft drinks :D

• Advertisement

LadyJ wrote: »
    Seriously, you can't even bring a friend who's not in DIT?

No unfortunately! Looks like the days where you could buy the tickets from ditsu are gone if the event gets sponsored every year by a bank! There was people begging in Shine yesterday for a ticket for their mate but one of the ditsu reps said each ticket number is linked to an Ulster Bank account number so no can do!
    I really liked it cause I dont drink and its rare you get non alcoholic NON soft drinks :D

I liked it myself, i don't like the normal Kopparberg, i find a soapy taste off it!

No unfortunately! Looks like the days where you could buy the tickets from ditsu are gone if the event gets sponsored every year by a bank! There was people begging in Shine yesterday for a ticket for their mate but one of the ditsu reps said each ticket number is linked to an Ulster Bank account number so no can do!

I liked it myself, i don't like the normal Kopparberg, i find a soapy taste off it!

The Academy has a capacity of 1600 people. 1600 tickets were printed and the event has been sponsored by Ulster Bank. You open a Student account you get your ticket. If you were late opening the account you didn't get a ticket...just like if you were late getting to the student union office to buy your ticket they'd be sold out. Same Difference!

The Non-alcoholic cider was nice....though i would have prefered it chilled and with some vodka....

The Academy has a capacity of 1600 people. 1600 tickets were printed and the event has been sponsored by Ulster Bank. You open a Student account you get your ticket. If you were late opening the account you didn't get a ticket...just like if you were late getting to the student union office to buy your ticket they'd be sold out. Same Difference!

Yeah and from looking at the ditsu website they are all sold out as of today! Should be a good night.

Yep you had to open an account to get one, i wasn't moaning about not getting one or anything i was just saying that in previous years you could go and buy tickets from ditsu and regarding LadyJ's case you could buy them for your mates but now that's not the case! On the plus side though Ulster Bank have made it a free night! Luckily we were all dragged by a rep to Shine to get ours yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Ah that's the ball though, I'm not holed going to that. I was more talking about the Village on Monday. Can I bring a friend to that? No Ulster bank account needed there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I got my ticket for the Freshers Ball :D
    But I ticked the box for credit card may be the biggest mistake of my life

I was forced to fill out a form for a credit card that i said i wasn't going to use!

LadyJ wrote: »
    Ah that's the ball though, I'm not holed going to that. I was more talking about the Village on Monday. Can I bring a friend to that? No Ulster bank account needed there.

Sorry i thought you mentioned the ball, my mistake! I'm sure you could try though there's a chance they might ask for DIT student id on the door since the admission is free

As far as i can remember yes you will be asked for a DIT student ID as this is a DIT event!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Is this the first year that the freshers events are for freshers only? Not a fan of that. Are we possibly the only college around that does this? That ulster bank nonsense is also a load of bull, forcing students to sign up to a specific bank in order to get tickets? That's a joke, who let that get by in the SU!? It sounds like some pocket lining with fierce few returns.

Is this the first year that the freshers events are for freshers only? Not a fan of that. Are we possibly the only college around that does this? That ulster bank nonsense is also a load of bull, forcing students to sign up to a specific bank in order to get tickets? That's a joke, who let that get by in the SU!? It sounds like some pocket lining with fierce few returns.

Roight....

Third year that Ulster Bank have sponsored the SU for events...the reason the SU gets a sponsor is so that all of DITSU's money doesn't get eaten by events and can be channelled into campaigns like SHAG, Welfare, Exams and Finance.

That Ulster Bank thing is not a load of nonsence and saves the Union tens of thousands worth of euros from the capitation and dit fund.

If you check out the structure of the students union you'll find out that this deal went through the CPIT (Central Programme Implementation Team - 3 sabbaticals and 6 Convenors), the Events and Marketing department, the Deputy CEO, the CEO and the Board of Directors of DITSU Ltd.

We're also not the only college that only runs Freshers only events. The Freshers Ball is the only Fresher only event. The other two are DIT students only events.

If you feel like the union isnt being run to the best of its capability please feel free to run for election to any of the committee positions that are currently available and open for nomination: Check out http://www.ditsu.ie/news-app/story.3866/title.committee-members-needed for more information.

Theres nothing i hate more than people who Bi*ch and Moan and don't do anything to fix the apparent wrong.

• Advertisement

All we had to do was fill in a 2 page form and get a FREE ticket....To me that was worthwhile. Most colleges charge for them so we get em for free which is always a bonus. :D

Advertisement