Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week Whats happening.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Roight....

Third year that Ulster Bank have sponsored the SU for events...the reason the SU gets a sponsor is so that all of DITSU's money doesn't get eaten by events and can be channelled into campaigns like SHAG, Welfare, Exams and Finance.

That Ulster Bank thing is not a load of nonsence and saves the Union tens of thousands worth of euros from the capitation and dit fund.

If you check out the structure of the students union you'll find out that this deal went through the CPIT (Central Programme Implementation Team - 3 sabbaticals and 6 Convenors), the Events and Marketing department, the Deputy CEO, the CEO and the Board of Directors of DITSU Ltd.

We're also not the only college that only runs Freshers only events. The Freshers Ball is the only Fresher only event. The other two are DIT students only events.

If you feel like the union isnt being run to the best of its capability please feel free to run for election to any of the committee positions that are currently available and open for nomination: Check out http://www.ditsu.ie/news-app/story.3866/title.committee-members-needed for more information.

Theres nothing i hate more than people who Bi*ch and Moan and don't do anything to fix the apparent wrong.

Good good.

First off... why are ye paying for venues etc? Do you know how much money the Academy will make with 1600 thirsty students on a week night?! I've had some dealings with such things, and ENTS officers are usually nearly begged to introduce all these eager freshers to a venue, and if DIT isn't the same then why not?
    Realistically you could run the night for next to nothing without Ulster Bank. I'm not 100% sure, but aren't the SHAG week etc also sponsored and don't they also have a SHAG Ball etc where the SU makes tasty amounts of money?

Ok, the way you replied earlier made it seem that all of the Freshers week events were Freshers only. That wouldn't be cool.

Also, as far as doing something is concerned, I was a class rep in TCD for two years, I was elected as a class rep in DIT until it was messed around a bit, and then looking into it, the whole thing is so messed up that to correct it would take more time then my degree. So, continue with your standard SU response (and it is a standard response), but your line of logic would suggest that journalists shouldn't comment on politicians unless they themselves become politicians. So, um, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

This thread was once so friendly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Anyone know what time the event in the Village is happening at tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

LadyJ wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the event in the Village is happening at tonight?

8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Ok, gonna try get to this thing tonight. Is getting there at 7.45 early enough or do we reckon the tickets will be all gone by then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

I haven't got my student card yet so would i be able to get in tonight? i'm a (first year) postgrad, but it seems that tonight is non-fresher friendly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Ugh tonight =/ .. I had my debs last night and currently need a new liver. I dunno if I'll go :(

Advertisement