Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auckland Airport removes $25 departure tax

Options
  • 16-09-2008 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says.

The tax applies everyone leaving the country from Auckland Airport. They nabbed me for it about 4 times. I was at the airport today and I was glad to see it gone.

So any Boardsies that are hitting the land of the long white cloud don't need to worry about the extra hidden charge anymore.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I left from Aukland at the weekend, but they charged me for the $25 in Christchurch before the connecting flight which although it was only internal counted as an international one aparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Kernunos

about time. I was caught for that leaving earlier this year. I did not have enough money left on my credit card and had to get a friend to leave her job in town early to come out and give it to me. Nearly missed my flight, they were calling me out over the intercom, most stressful day of my life

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It is a bit daft to have an airport charge like that which is not included in the normal taxes and such like when you buy your ticket. There is no reason for them to be only taking that fee directly at the airport, probably cost them more to actually have people there to collect the damn fee so would be better for everyone if they just added it to ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

... it's a tax, right? so it's for the government, and now is only applying to people flying out of auckland? bull!

what about the south island? paid that bloody thing three times in the last year or so, nad it is just a hassle. why only auckland?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Because we're special :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement