Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Price Cut Official

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Vyse wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=239024

Arcade down to €179 and 60GB down to €239.

I'm seriously considering buying a 60GB as i'm constantly juggling HD space on my current machine. Can you buy the HD transfer kit in shops and are there issues with the authorization of downloaded content?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm seriously considering buying a 60GB as i'm constantly juggling HD space on my current machine. Can you buy the HD transfer kit in shops and are there issues with the authorization of downloaded content?

As far as I know you can get the kit for free off Microsoft, and you can transfer all your licences to the new machine via the Microsoft website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Now if only they would drop the 120GB HD price, €120 is way too steep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Vyse wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=239024

Arcade down to €179 and 60GB down to €239.

i rang gamestop and they never heard of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

i rang gamestop and they never heard of this

They are probably just playing ignorant so people fork out the higher price before the cuts come in on friday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I think the price cut has been pretty much sprung on retailers. Most don't seem to be aware of it at all. See link:

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/09/16/rumour-euro-360-price-cuts-brought-forward-because-of-woolies-leak/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ouch... Feel sorry for anybody that bought one of the "bargain" pre-hdmi 20GB models in Tesco over the last week:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Sorry guys I cannot access those links here at work ...what price is the Elite dropping too ?

Sorry guys I cannot access those links here at work ...what price is the Elite dropping too ?

€299!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Headspin wrote: »
    €299!

Wow! Now that's tempting... as I have a pre-HDMI 20GB model which I'm sure will go RROD eventually (though oddly hasn't for 2 years now). I assume you don't get the transfer cable with the Elite either and have to request one from Microsoft again?

• Advertisement

J-blk wrote: »
    I assume you don't get the transfer cable with the Elite either and have to request one from Microsoft again?

Yeah, i think you have to request one of those alright!

mcgovern wrote: »
    As far as I know you can get the kit for free off Microsoft, and you can transfer all your licences to the new machine via the Microsoft website.

Thanks. I take it you can't order the cable before getting the machine, otherwise i'd be holding onto my old machine for god knows how long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

mcgovern wrote: »

Just wondering how does this work i was tinking of buying a second hand 360 pro with 20gb hard drive its only a few months old with receipt and all . but how do you go about getting this hdd upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

wow, this is kinda surprising since the last price drop was only about 6 months ago iirc, i got my 20gb back in may for €300 and 4 games, must say i'm slightly annoyed bout it now. i wanna get the 120gb drive but at €120 its a complete rip off. hopefully itll get a price drop since the elite is aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jester77 wrote: »
    Now if only they would drop the 120GB HD price, €120 is way too steep!

Got one in Gamestop on sale two weeks ago for €90, not bad but still too much for what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

New prices are pretty good.. Ill probably buy an arcade to mod.. its cheap enough now so why not.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

dazftw wrote: »
    New prices are pretty good.. Ill probably buy an arcade to mod.. its cheap enough now so why not.

When you say Mod, you do know that the current drives in the 360 are un-flashable, only thing possible is to extract the Box key from the 360 and use an old 360 drive in its place, I might contemplate this as my launch 360 keeps going 3ROD's on me :(

out of interest
    do the shops have to lower the price ?

out of interest
    do the shops have to lower the price ?

They do if they want to get more stock from MS.

I was in xtravision last night and they knew nothing about the price drops ?

• Advertisement

I was in xtravision last night and they knew nothing about the price drops ?

I've seen it before, they won't admit it till they actually have to reduce the price on Friday, so people just buy away, before the cuts, for a higher price.

I've seen it before, they won't admit it till they actually have to reduce the price on Friday, so people just buy away, before the cuts, for a higher price.

oh thats good

im getting the 60gb version friday then

Payday tomorrow too whohoooo Elite here I come :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

When you say Mod, you do know that the current drives in the 360 are un-flashable, only thing possible is to extract the Box key from the 360 and use an old 360 drive in its place, I might contemplate this as my launch 360 keeps going 3ROD's on me :(

No no.. ive already got my flashed xbox :rolleyes:

I mean like visual mods and I was thinking about buying that lian li xbox 360 case and I cant remember who said it someone on this forum anyway.. about new heatsinks being made by other companies!

The reason everyone gets the 3 red rings is cause the heatsink like moves away from the motherboard because the X-Clamp is so bad! MS wont fix it cause your paying them to do it :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

well i'm angry. I got a 60gig last week. If only i'd waited.
    Didn't get a bad deal though in the end, what with trade-ins of unwanted games and vouchers i managed to get a 60gig with Tiger Woods 09, Oblivion (2nd hand), Forza 2 and GTA 4 for 310.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

dazftw wrote: »
    No no.. ive already got my flashed xbox :rolleyes:

I mean like visual mods and I was thinking about buying that lian li xbox 360 case and I cant remember who said it someone on this forum anyway.. about new heatsinks being made by other companies!

The reason everyone gets the 3 red rings is cause the heatsink like moves away from the motherboard because the X-Clamp is so bad! MS wont fix it cause your paying them to do it :p

Ah Ok I see what you mean. Just to clarify the reason that we have the 3ROD's on the 360's is poor design. The 3ROD is caused by the GPU which has a low profile heatsink to cool it on top of this is the DVD-drive, there is no air flow over the fins of the heatsink so it gets very very hot, this causes the solder balls to soften and as you rightly point of the pressure from the xclamp causes the solder to come away from the GPU, now I've replaced the xclamp and re-seated the heatsink with artic silver, screwed down the heatsink and did the overheat job, it works for a while and then dies, getting a bit fed up with doing this so I might buy a cheap Arcade 360 and swap the Toshiba drive for the liteon (after injecting the box key into the tosh). :)

oh thats good

im getting the 60gb version friday then

I'm thinking of doing the same! gonna trade in my 20gig one towards a 60gig, they said last week it'd be €120 trade in for the 20gig, probably be a bit less now but feck it! It'll still be a brand spanking 360 for €120 ish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

They do if they want to get more stock from MS.

You mean they do if they want to sell any :D

I'm thinking of doing the same! gonna trade in my 20gig one towards a 60gig, they said last week it'd be €120 trade in for the 20gig, probably be a bit less now but feck it! It'll still be a brand spanking 360 for €120 ish!

i was very lucky i sold me elite the other day for 300 euro

very lucky:D

• Advertisement

i was very lucky i sold me elite the other day for 300 euro

very lucky:D

Ha! nice one, I really didn't think you would get that for it! :)

Advertisement