Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspect Dog Cruelty?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Silver33

Beth wrote: »
    Do let us know if there's any news. I hope the dog ran away!! At least then he'd have a chance at being picked up and rehomed no matter how slim a chance it would be. Its better than having the crap beaten out of him every day :(

I do hope he has given him back wherever he got him from... dog was locked in so doubt he got out! I think he was onto us knowing and took action - whatever that was... who knows he may have been minding the dog for someone else??
    Will post back when I have anything to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

I hope thats the case - that he realised people knew what was going on and he gave the dog back.

I really hope he wasnt minding the dog for someone. Who in their right mind would give someone like that a dog to mind. If he was minding it, I hope the owners realise what went on. And NEVER give him another dog to mind.

Hi there
    The dog is definitely gone... he was seen earlier coming home - then putting black bags on back seat and coming out of house with a box.. no sounds came out. Presuming dog was in it.. but then again there were no sounds from the shed prior to this.. so its a bit of a mystery. he is not back yet... when he returns will listen out again but have a feeling I won't hear anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Jesus , l hope he hasn't killed the dog.
    Was there no movement coming from the box at all?

Oh my god :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nolly23

Is there anyway you can find out if he killed the dog? OMG. Ive been keeping an eye on this thread all day and i was sure the dog would be rescued. Please keep us posted.

Girl next door seen him leaving with the box. I didn't see it. She said no sound or movement..the box was like a kitchen press type thing and he put it into back seat and she was walking out her drive heading for a walk. he looked over at her and she kept going. He was probably wondering why she didn't say her usual hello. I'm sure I won't ever say hello to him again. I now hate him. He is not back yet. I keep looking out my window. We are stumped and have no idea what happened.

Silver does he have kids in the house?

His car is back in the drive. I have gone along the wall (we have a gap between myself and my neighbours) - there is no sound coming at all.. The dog is gone for sure...
    Nolly yes there is one wee girl about 8. I spoke to her about a month ago to show her my new kitten... she seems like a happy child.. I'd love to ask her some day outside - what happened their dog?? Although he probably has coached her on what to say... I'm afraid we have no way of finding out what happened... we're both nipping out every few mins to check for sounds.

I was going to suggest you ask her about her puppy and see what she said. You'd have to be careful though.

Its sickening to think maybe that that little girl saw his cruelty to the dog and thinks it quite acceptable and so the cycle continues.

• Advertisement

Yes Nolly could ask her some day if I get the chance. He is usually outside though same time as she is... I would have thought she was asleep in bed when the beating occurred. It was near 11. And it was out in the shed... I hope she wasn't present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 RALL!

Oh god!! This is just horrible!!
    The poor dog:(

Silver33,thank god there are caring people like you around.

Its sickening :(
    I really hope the kid didnt see it.
    But what kind of lesson is it going to teach her/him? That dogs are disposable?? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 RALL!

Beth wrote: »
    Its sickening :(
    I really hope the kid didnt see it.
    But what kind of lesson is it going to teach her/him? That dogs are disposable?? :(

I know Beth,its terrible!
    That little girl is growing up being taught that its okay to abuse dogs.
    Its just so sad:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

just been reading all this, simply can't believe it. how can someone beat a dog, puppy or adult??!! what kind of a person does this, from all the dogs i know they only show unconditional love. its so sad to see/hear them abused.
    I read in a book that people who are violent toward animals are also prone to be violent toward their children.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Why don't you just ask him what he did with the dog you heard the other night?

Seriously - I understand it's a poor show when you hear what you THINK is your neighbour abusing an animal, but the two jack russell crosses I live with can yowl like they're being skinned alive some days.

Keeping a pup in a shed is not nice for the dog, agreed, but you're taking a massive leap here making allegations that your neighbour killed his dog and is transporting it out of his house in bags and boxes in the back of his car.

Instead of starting a rumour mill, just ask him? You don't have to do it accusingly, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THAT DOG!" You could just say "Here, Bob, do you have a new dog or were you just minding it for someone? I thought I heard a dog out back there for a couple of days." See what he says then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lenni

Y would someone like him get a dog in the first place. This is just the saddest story... Seriously though, I no you think the dog is gone, but if for some reason he returns and you hear anything suspision I would get straight onto the police.

Seriously - I understand it's a poor show when you hear what you THINK is your neighbour abusing an animal, but the two jack russell crosses I live with can yowl like they're being skinned alive some days.

Keeping a pup in a shed is not nice for the dog, agreed, but you're taking a massive leap here making allegations that your neighbour killed his dog and is transporting it out of his house in bags and boxes in the back of his car.

Instead of starting a rumour mill, just ask him? You don't have to do it accusingly, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THAT DOG!" You could just say "Here, Bob, do you have a new dog or were you just minding it for someone? I thought I heard a dog out back there for a couple of days." See what he says then.

I know dogs make noise.. especially a new dog in a strange place but these sounds were consistent with kicks/thumps. I never said I thought he killed the dog.. I just don't know what happened. The dog could have been brought away that morning - as there were no sounds. Don't know what was in the box. Its speculation. I rarely get opportunity to speak to him - I would be wary of speaking to him as he knows we heard him. But if opportunity arises I will ask him or his daughter. I am hoping the dog was returned to where he came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

What a sad state of affairs. Very sad day indeed. That poor pup suffered in the hands of this monster and unfortunately no-one can stop him getting another and causing the same unneccessary suffering again. A snowball effect. Can you talk to the person you contacted yesterday Silver and tell them whats happened. See if he can show any light to the pup's disposal? I am sick to the back teeth from all animal cruelty happening on a daily basis. These animals are defenceless and look to us for love, care and support etc. The saying " Man's Best Friend" is a joke in this case, more like "Man's Best Punchbag". So sad i am stunned and shocked and very numb. RIP pup.

Is there any chance of a sticky for this section on who to call and info on your area if animal cruelty is suspected andphone numbers please. Would help save an animals life and prevent this happening again.
    Silver you did the best that you could do, Thank you. x

• Advertisement

Did the warden come or contacted you back Silver?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yeah i agree with this post. I have to say, this thread has descended into tabloid hell.

altho the info we have is limited, im not convinced any violence is taking place. Why would there be a dog bowl by the shed if the neighbour didnt give a toss? Why would he line his car with black backs if he had a dead dog in a cardboard box?

I cant see a family that have happy kids with happy kittens taking a violent streak against a puppy.

I think without full facts here its there is no point in speculation.

OP, even if the dog is gone, there is nothing to stop you saying to the neighbour you heard a dog howling the other night (playing it dumb) and wanted to check everything was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

According to the OPs first post both her and her neighbour heard the sounds of a pup being battered , to the extent of her saying the sounds were horrific.
    lt must have been bad for the OP to describe it that way.
    How can you then say you are not convinced there was violence taking place.They are not normal sounds you expect to hear late at night coming from a neighbours shed.
    l don't recall anything about happy kittens in her post ,
    she did mention she had cats and was afraid he might
    retaliate and hurt them if she reported him.
    The happy kitten you are talking about was the OPs kitten , l just
    checked back on her posts.

wibblebee wrote: »
    Did the warden come or contacted you back Silver?

Wibblebee - no phone call from ISPCA. I will ring when I get a chance. About to go into a meeting now.

Would you contact the Gardai at this stage and just let them know what happend, and your suspicions? They'd have to follow it up and a call from them might make him think twice in future. If he hasnt done as suspected, then there's no problem as a 5 minute call about this isnt going to make much of an impact on other crime, and if he's not done wrong then he has nothing to worry about.

Any updates Silver?

Wibblebee sorry no updates. I'll phone ISPCA again tomorrow. I am not calling the Gardai - no evidence - don't want to get into a war with the guy. The dog is not there any longer and there is not much more I can do except watch out that he doesn't get another dog. Will just have to put it down to a horrible experience and hope the dog is somewhere safer - which is better than being stuck there.

Ok thanks Silver. Your doing a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lenni

Hey all,

I was thinking about this thread last nite. Now im wondering is there a possibility that maybe the dog bit the child or the guy himself and ur man basically gave him a thump to teach him not to do it again and then decided not to take the risk of it happening again so got rid and gave him back to where he came from. I reckon at this stage u will never no, but there is the chance that mayb that happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

Lenni wrote: »
    Hey all,

I was thinking about this thread last nite. Now im wondering is there a possibility that maybe the dog bit the child or the guy himself and ur man basically gave him a thump to teach him not to do it again and then decided not to take the risk of it happening again so got rid and gave him back to where he came from. I reckon at this stage u will never no, but there is the chance that mayb that happened.

that could be, but does that make it right? Not in my opinion

Advertisement