Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspect Dog Cruelty?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Lenni wrote: »
    Hey all,

I was thinking about this thread last nite. Now im wondering is there a possibility that maybe the dog bit the child or the guy himself and ur man basically gave him a thump to teach him not to do it again and then decided not to take the risk of it happening again so got rid and gave him back to where he came from. I reckon at this stage u will never no, but there is the chance that mayb that happened.

A dog should never be hit as a form of discipline/punishment. All that serves is to frighten the dog and can even cause him to return violence with more vicious acts.

I really hope the dog in question here is okay, the OP makes for very disturbing reading. Is this case in Dublin? Have you tried to contact the DSPCA? lost@dspca.ie / 4935502/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lenni

bnagrrl wrote: »
    A dog should never be hit as a form of discipline/punishment. All that serves is to frighten the dog and can even cause him to return violence with more vicious acts.

I really hope the dog in question here is okay, the OP makes for very disturbing reading. Is this case in Dublin? Have you tried to contact the DSPCA? lost@dspca.ie / 4935502/4

Hi,

Im certainly not saying this is rite, I was just saying what could have happened, even if this is the case it is wrong, i was just putting my thoughts out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Lenni wrote: »
    Hi,

Im certainly not saying this is rite, I was just saying what could have happened, even if this is the case it is wrong, i was just putting my thoughts out there.

Hi Lenni,

No part of my post accuses you of saying hitting a dog is right. I simply quoted it in case anyone reading the original post about the suspected dog cruelty might think "Oh well if the dog is bold I have the right to hit him back" or use it as a means to justify their actions.

No offence was meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sharona!!!

fair play for rining silver, i feel so sorry for the pup :(

Advertisement