Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i alone???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

saying the same thing over and over again doesnt make it a valid point...

is it not a valid point??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

keane=cock wrote: »
    do you feel he is totally blameless??
    not too many people agree with his team selection for villa game!

And that has what to do with Keane/Berbatov/Defoe not being at the club any more?

I think you'll find me questioning his team selection for the Villa game quite early on, what I don't blame him for is the sale of our strikers (which you seem to do)

So leaving aside recent results, I assume you still blame him for the sale of Keane and Berbatov. If there's anything to suggest I'm wrong in that assumption let me know. That's why I give up on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Gomes > Robinson
    Woodgate > Dawson/Kaboul/Gardner/Rocha
    Hutton > Chimbonda
    Corluka > all of last season's backup players

Bentley, dos Santos, and Modric are all improvements to the squad, and are a damn sight better than Tainio, Boateng, Lennon, Huddlestone, Taarabt. The only midfielder I was sad to see go was Steed, and I think he would have made a good option from the bench. Gunter and Bostock also give us options for the future.

JR is to be congratulated for the improvements made since his arrival. And if you can't see those improvements, then there's not much hope for you tbh.

Jeez Ronan i agree with you on all those points.

Ramos for me is a vast improvement on MJ too.

Now for some rewsults - please like tonight!

And that has what to do with Keane/Berbatov/Defoe not being at the club any more?

So leaving aside recent results, I assume you still blame him for the sale of Keane and Berbatov. If there's anything to suggest I'm wrong in that assumption let me know. That's why I give up on you.

it is not that i blame him for their sales its the fact they were not replaced. we all knew berb was going for a long time n replacements arent there now apart from pav who will need time to settle in a different league. he said himself the villa boys gave him no time to settle. dos santos is seemed to be brought in as a midfielder and frazier campbell ahs no prem experience.

hope i am wrong in the near future.

defoe going didint bother me too much at the time but id love to have him back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

I think it's far too early to compare Ramos to Martin Jol.

I liked BMJ :) and think, given time he would have been a Spurs legend.

Ramos had a good record with Sevilla and we will have to wait and see how he does for us.

The transfer diaster was caused by Comoli, point the blame at his door.
    Ramos indicated what players he would like to see brought in and Comoli didn't deliever.

I won't be watching the match in the local tonight, it will be like Poland around there.

COME ON YE SPURS
    spurs.gif

• Advertisement

it is not that i blame him for their sales its the fact they were not replaced.

Which again he has little to do with. I and others have explained to you how the club manages transfers, and pretty much everyone I know blames Levy and Comolli for the drawn-out nature of Berbatov's sale, and the failure to buy in a replacement for him. Levy sold Berbatov at 10:30pm on deadline day, then tried to claim Ramos backed the sale as he only wanted players who wanted to play for Spurs, but IMO that was bollox, as I believe Ramos was handed a fait accompli with the sale.

Look, criticise Ramos for his team selection and how his man-management if you want, but stop ranting at him for issues he has only a small input into.

Which again he has little to do with. I and others have explained to you how the club manages transfers, and pretty much everyone I know blames Levy and Comolli for the drawn-out nature of Berbatov's sale, and the failure to buy in a replacement for him. Levy sold Berbatov at 10:30pm on deadline day, then tried to claim Ramos backed the sale as he only wanted players who wanted to play for Spurs, but IMO that was bollox, as I believe Ramos was handed a fait accompli with the sale.

but stop ranting at him for issues he has only a small input into.

i said myself i thought there was a board involved in the transfer deals.
    but as first team manager he must have more than a small input into transfers. i am only defending my opinion not ranting. sorry if its alittle repetitive

i said myself i thought there was a board involved in the transfer deals.
    but as first team manager he must have more than a small input into transfers.

As first team head coach he gets to choose who he would like the lub to sign from the options provided by the DOF. he doesn't do the negotiations, he doesn't handle the scouting network, he works in a system that does that work for him.

Now think about this...if we spent two months arguing over a £m or two with Zenit for Arshavin, who do you think is at fault? Ramos or Levy/Comolli? The bungling of our transfer window was on the financial side, and Ramos has no part to play in that. Blaming him for the sale of two strikers and the failure to recruit adequate replacements makes no sense, when the problem lay with the negotiations that took place, on both Arshavin in and Berbatov out.

As first team head coach he gets to choose who he would like the lub to sign from the options provided by the DOF. he doesn't do the negotiations, he doesn't handle the scouting network, he works in a system that does that work for him.

Now think about this...if we spent two months arguing over a £m or two with Zenit for Arshavin, who do you think is at fault? Ramos or Levy/Comolli? The bungling of our transfer window was on the financial side, and Ramos has no part to play in that. Blaming him for the sale of two strikers and the failure to recruit adequate replacements makes no sense, when the problem lay with the negotiations that took place, on both Arshavin in and Berbatov out.

agreed the financial part of transfers is nothing to do with the manager.
    i have accepted he is part of a tranfer system.

as for arshavin i know ramos tried to sign him and again i am aware its not his fault a fee could not be agreed but could he not put more pressure on levy to get these replacements?
    i dont blame him for the players leaving but its hard to except it when 2 of your best players leave n i am aware its not his fault now. but it usually is the manager who gets the praise when things go right and also when things go wrong rightly or wrongly.
    again i stand corrected. thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

agreed the financial part of transfers is nothing to do with the manager.
    i have accepted he is part of a tranfer system.

as for arshavin i know ramos tried to sign him and again i am aware its not his fault a fee could not be agreed but could he not put more pressure on levy to get these replacements?
    i dont blame him for the players leaving but its hard to except it when 2 of your best players leave n i am aware its not his fault now. but it usually is the manager who gets the praise when things go right and also when things go wrong rightly or wrongly.
    again i stand corrected. thanks for your input.

try saying the same thing in a different way again.

i dont think we got it the first time.

i think its fairly obvious that many dont agree with your same regurgitated point.

• Advertisement

try saying the same thing in a different way again.

i dont think we got it the first time.

i think its fairly obvious that many dont agree with your same regurgitated point.

just replying to peoples comments

Advertisement