Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Shoes - Look compatible

Options
  • 16-09-2008 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭

Hay, Can anyone help me? Having a look at the Aldi shoes got me to thinking I should probably update my commuting footwear coming into winter commuting time. The problem is the Aldi shoes are SPD compatible and I have LOOK pedals on my (commuting) road bike. So rather than change my pedal system I'm looking a cheap LOOK cleat compatible pair of shoes that are (ideally) walkable in. All the cheap crc shoes seem to be Shimano SPD only. Any hints and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sandals are out of the question!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i think the look cleat system doesnt really allow shoes that you can walk in if its just from the bike rack to the office you could get away with the cleat covers but not walking about. i used to have look mountain bike cleats but i was fit enough to ride up most things in those days and havent seen them for years but you still couldnt walk any distance in them.
    i bought these recently but you certainly cant walk anywher in them

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20182

i would say buy cheap shoes and spd pedals for shoes you can walk in unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭psycholist

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Hay, Can anyone help me? Having a look at the Aldi shoes got me to thinking I should probably update my commuting footwear coming into winter commuting time. The problem is the Aldi shoes are SPD compatible and I have LOOK pedals on my (commuting) road bike. So rather than change my pedal system I'm looking a cheap LOOK cleat compatible pair of shoes that are (ideally) walkable in. All the cheap crc shoes seem to be Shimano SPD only. Any hints and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sandals are out of the question!

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/EXPELNNA2

Advertisement