Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend Sat Nav

• 16-09-2008 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im looking for a Sat Nav for Irish roads. A friend has the Sony NV-U93 and its a pretty slick looking device.

Can you recommend a Sat Nav for me? Obviously dont want to spend a packet as it's not going to be used every day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

A friend has the Sony NV-U93 and its a pretty slick looking device.

Don't base your purchase on how the thing looks. It might look slick but sending you to Cork when you want to go to Belfast would not be excusable :D.

Can you give us an idea of your budget?

If you can afford it I suggest Garmin Nuvi. It even looks relatively slick! Lidl occasionally have SatNav systems which would come in below the price of the Garmin models. Lidl's are around €200 I think. You could be looking at double that for Garmin depending on the model. Of course there are plenty others that are relatively cheap in shops if you can't be waiting around for Lidl to have them in again.

Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Head wrote: »
    Don't base your purchase on how the thing looks. It might look slick but sending you to Cork when you want to go to Belfast would not be excusable :D.

Can you give us an idea of your budget?

If you can afford it I suggest Garmin Nuvi. It even looks relatively slick! Lidl occasionally have SatNav systems which would come in below the price of the Garmin models. Lidl's are around €200 I think. You could be looking at double that for Garmin depending on the model. Of course there are plenty others that are relatively cheap in shops if you can't be waiting around for Lidl to have them in again.

Head

Cheers Head. I was looking on Ebay and to be honest Id stretch to 200 but thats the limit. As I said I wont be using it every day so couldnt warrant anymore of a spend.

Advertisement