Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun (non-competitive) multiplayer games

Options
  • 16-09-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

Just wondering what are some of the great fun games that shouldn't / can't be taken competitively (except by the most competitive personality :) ). Can be PC or otherwise (main interest would be PC) and can include game mods.

Some of my favourites:
    Worms 2 - a classic! (PC)
    Sensible Soccer (PC)
    Rocket Crowbar (mod for Half-Life) (PC)
    Jailbreak (mod for Quake 2) (PC)
    Wii Sports (Wii)
    Mario Kart (most recently Wii)
    Mario Party (most recently Wii)

Any other suggestions and descriptions?

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Team Fortress...just cause it looks so silly when ye see a scout runnin round with a bat :P :L

Failing that....Audiosurf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I'd say any game with the right people & mood can be non-competitive.
    Everything from 4 of us spending hours getting out of Headlong in Halo 2 (remember rocket-sword?), to doing silly medic rushes in TF2.

As for intentionally non-competitve, things like Buzz are generally only jokingly competitive.

Oh, and when it comes to Worms, some of us can be really competitive :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I found Flat out 2 to be a great laugh with mates on vent, but if you're like me you'll always want to win regardless :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I found Flat out 2 to be a great laugh with mates on vent, but if you're like me you'll always want to win regardless :p

yeah I got months out of Flatout 2, great fun, especially the destruction derbys.

They've released a new version of it called Flatout: Ultimate Carnage, which is basically the exact same game as Flatout 2 but they've smeared crap all over the lens so thats its all next gen'y, grown and hazy. I liked the vibrant colours of the original tbh.

Advertisement