Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro

Options
  • 16-09-2008 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Any one using the above in town, and noticed a big slowdown lately? I'm supposed to be getting 6MB down, but am lucky to get between 1 and 2...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Not using Digiweb but my clearwire also seems very slow lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i have a 5mbit business line and i wasnt getting anywhere near the 3 or 4 mb i should have got until I started giving out and emailing their support. now it works fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Digiweb is possibly one of the worst providers there is. I am currently using a 10 mb connection, speed is fine as I am reaching up to 1.3 Mb/s download speed. It's their customer service and tech support that needs sorting out. My connection mysteriously went dead twice, first time taking almost 6 weeks to fix from my first call. Second time they just turned it off, with no notification. It took 3 days to get my internet back. You will not be reinbersed for downtime unless you ring and ask for it. They have too many departments. If you need something done the customer is the one to have to do all the work.

Unfortunately Carlow is in a pit for broadband providers. Eircom is by far the best I have been with so far, that says a lot...

I suggest looking out for the chorus 20mb or 10 mb WIRED connection. No cap, fast speeds, low contention ratio, installation fee is only 10 euro and you don't need a phone line. I am sure there is a yearly contract or something. I don't think chorus broadband is available in Carlow just yet but it's only a matter of time.

It just goes to show how much the ISP's are ripping us off... Be it bad service or over pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

According to the UPC website a few minutes ago only Digital TV & DVR are available in Carlow town at the moment.
    However I got a leaflet in the letterbox from ICL early this week advertising Digital TV, Broadband and Phone so it must be coming soon.

I look forward to chucking Eircom's line rental.

our IT manager used to work with carlow county council and from what i hear the town centre has free wireless ... though i havent met anyone who has ever claimed to have conencted to it. the repeaters are on the street lights. Must ask him just what is the story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

i have no probs with metro,,,the only prob is trying to get through when there is an enquiry,,,you are now position 9 and 45 mins later im position 6,,,thats the only down fall i have with them:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

iamhunted wrote: »
    our IT manager used to work with carlow county council and from what i hear the town centre has free wireless ... though i havent met anyone who has ever claimed to have conencted to it. the repeaters are on the street lights. Must ask him just what is the story

It's not free to use, you buy a 12mth contract or a 30min token from BriskNet or Aptus, but it is open access.

https://enet.azotel.com/cgi-hotz/login?webpage=area-coverage

ah - now i see. i wonder how many have hacked it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Well I actually have no problem with Digiweb. Personally its better than all these other Crap you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

+1

I using digiweb for the last year with no problems. I know Irish bb were having problems in graig (about 3 weeks ago) cause another provider was boadcasting on the same frequencies and naffing everything up. Thniks thats fixed now thaough?

• Advertisement

ive noticed that snce i had a massive bitching sessions with digiweb my up and down speed has almost exceeded the speeds Im meant to be getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 XxjustepicxX

I love Digiweb Metro 8mb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Its the best brodband i've ever had :)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    i'm in de town in carlow :) xxxxxx everyone HAS to get ihh xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    i do be playin minecraft an all on ih and it works like a dream ;3 xxxxxxxxxxxx.
    BEST INTERNET EVER XXXXXXXXXXXX :d XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i dumped digiweb and went with wimax. now i get a steady 7mbits rather than the 2.5 mbits I used to get from the digiweb 8mbit connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Ah here,

Just noticed today that this thread was 3 years old!

Thread locked and forum charter updates coming soon to cover the topic of zombie threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement