Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 - keypad lock

• 16-09-2008 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi - I have a Nokia N95.

I want to use an additional level of security to lock the keypad - does anybody know if it has a setting whereby a PIN (say 4 digits) would have to be entered to unlock the keypad?

Thanks in advance!

T

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

If you press the power button on the phone once, a new menu should come. There should be an option to "lock Phone" which will then require you to enter the lock code to unlock the phone. The lock code is 12345 by default but you can change this in the phones settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Phone autolock period—To avoid unauthorised use, you
    can set a time-out after which the device automatically
    locks. A locked device cannot be used until the correct lock
    code is entered. To turn off the autolock period, select
    None.

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_N95-1_UG_en.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Simply Red wrote: »
    If you press the power button on the phone once, a new menu should come. There should be an option to "lock Phone" which will then require you to enter the lock code to unlock the phone. The lock code is 12345 by default but you can change this in the phones settings.

Thanks for that. I did it but it appears to be a "1 off" type keypad lock. What I want is that everytime I slide the screen up to reveal the keypad that a pin is requested before a number can be dialled / the menu can be accessed.

Is this possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Phone autolock period—To avoid unauthorised use, you
    can set a time-out after which the device automatically
    locks. A locked device cannot be used until the correct lock
    code is entered. To turn off the autolock period, select
    None.

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_N95-1_UG_en.pdf

Got it!! Thanks for the advice! Worked perfectly!

Advertisement