Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco 877 Router - copy of config

Options
  • 16-09-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Cisco 877 router, I need to get a copy of the config from it. I have the usernames and passwords but I dont know how to get a copy of config. Anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

A while since I've played with IOS.
    show config or show running-config I think will do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

"show run" (without quotes) should print the configuration currently loaded into RAM on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

Ok none of those work but I think it may be because im not logged in correctly. I have two passwords for the system, im only logged in using the first one. I vaguely remember having to log in using the second password to the IOS maybe? Any ideas how to do this? When I type in show ? run, config, running-config arent listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Miley

After logging in, type enable
    Then type, sh run

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

thanks Miley, that works. Boards to the rescue again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

Boards is the only place to go even when in OZ!

Advertisement