Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake Players - Low AND High Skill

Options
  • 16-09-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

A double announcement this time out. Quake Quick Cup (IV) will be running this Sunday 21st September (http://qqc.tourney.cc) but this time it will be joined by a new launch - the "Not Quite Pro" Cup (http://notquitepro.tourney.cc).

The Quake Quick Cup will be run for higher skill tier players while the "Not Quite Pro" Cup is a cup for new, inexperienced or low skill players. Basically a tournament for those that want to have some fun and improve while playing against people around their own skill level.

Hope to see you all there! Either in a playing capacity or spectating! All are welcome in one form or another :)

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Well it was a nice easy way to spend a Sunday evening...

To keep people in week to week... could we get somewhere we could upload demos, to matches.. so the people playing the NQP cup can get a feel of the game from the QQC perspective...

I want more quake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for coming along and congratulations on your maiden victory! :) We do hope to add additional features - there is a lot of work going on behind the scene ;)

For the moment, the cups are being put out - the reason it has been split in two, i.e. catering for high and lower skill is to try to get people to come back. There will also be a little bit of variety - maybe FFA, CTF, TDM, etc. Last week we did take demos and Rzelky is playing around with something - it's so top secret that I think he is the only one who knows whats happening! :D

Hope to see you again!

🤪

Advertisement