Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schedule of visiting ships to Dublin?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

As question says, is there one?

I always read about such a visit in the papers that is AFTER occurring but hardly not before! (not talking about ferries here! :))

For example, i did find out that a warship from Chile will be arriving i think this week from http://www.dublin.ie/calendar_details.aspx?eventid=875, but cannot find that info elsewhere online.
    Is there a website that lists who and what is coming to the docks other than dublin.ie as it only seems to list one ship coming in the run up to xmas or is that site reliable in that have i answered my own question? :D

EDIT: www.dublinport.ie seem to have an up to date arrival log of every type of ship unlike dublin.ie. French naval vessels arriving on Sept 26th are listed on the port website but not on dublin.ie

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

As far as i know Lloyds List has shipping movements in their daily newspaper.
    Can be obtained online as well.
    You can sign up for a free 7 day trial and try it out maybe?

Dont know what kind of vessels you are interested in in the first place but otherwise try shipping agents or port authority?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Just the touristy ships, you know the cruise liners, tallships and warships to gawk at them and maybe visit on board if allowed.
    I think the port authority have the list, just have to keep an eye on it!

Advertisement