Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CV joints

Options
  • 16-09-2008 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Ok so got the CV joints on the car done a few months back because they were clicking. Brand new ones were put in, as I was told, charged a bloody fortune.

Anyway long story short, they are clicking again just as bad if not worse. Is there something else that could be clicking in the same way as a CV joint when turning at low speed or any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

You sure the CV joints were New? have a look underneath and see if the seals are broken or damaged on the joints, this would let the grease and lub out and dirt in and cause you CV joints to fail in time, but a couple of months is a very short time! bring car back to the person who did the job for you and ask his/her opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The joint may have been reconditioned rather than replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

r3nu4l wrote: »
    The joint may have been reconditioned rather than replaced.

I was told that these were brand new joints and I was charged the price of a new joint. In fact I could have gotten them from GSF motors for about €100 less so I am sure that they are new. Should I bring it to another mechanic to check if they have actually done the job properly, I know a guy I can bring it to that I trust, but I have to travel a bit for that. They could just try and fob it off as something else if I bring it back to the same garage...

Advertisement