Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

just a rant

Options
  • 16-09-2008 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I insurered my car with 123.ie.After my answeings to all of the questions,they said everything is fine no problem and debited my account.Then,2 weeks later they phoned to say that there was a mistake and they could no longer insure my car.The guy on phone said that they'd refund the money to my account within 5-6days.Grand.
    I phoned another insurance company and had my car insured that evening.
    One week passed,no any news nor money into my a/c.I paid the other insurer so I really need some cashes in hand.I rang 123.And the girl said that my policy wasn't cancelled at all!!And I'm supposed to sign in some form before they refund the money.But the guy didn't mention it at all when he rang me to cease my policy!
    So my car was insured by two companies during the week!And yet i had no idea of it!
    I'm fed up.it seems that all the car insurance companies make "errors" so often!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

So what was the mistake and car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keiran

Matt Simis wrote: »
    So what was the mistake and car?

The car is alright I think.small engine.
    The reason they gave is that there's a gap in the named driver experience which is therefore invalid.(I haven't driven during for 2 yrs) .I did tell them about this when I asked for quote and they said it's grand and insured me.Later,after I paid everything,it turned out to be a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Now breathe..... Hope they sort it out soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

I though once they quoted you irrespective of after issues they had to stand by it. Years ago my first car on my own policy was old 316i compact beemer, 1.6, just had provisional and rang for quote on day and literally purchased private sale, was amazed got quote from quinn, paid by phone anyway and had car bought, about 4 hrs later got a phone call stating that a mistake was made and thre was something wrong with their quoting system and it had placed my variable for provisional licence with full and that a provisional driver would not get insurance coupled with ag on that class of car and that they should not have insured me, i said WTF and that had just bought the car, she stated that once a number is issued and they quote you they have to stick by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

This is true. My brother had my mam call QD for him for a quote and they quoted for a woman rather than a man. He bought the car and they tried to charge him more and he was outraged, He called the insurance ombudsman and they told him that they have to insure him.

So he got insure for the quoted amount.

• Advertisement
Advertisement