Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Colts get all over yet again without Bob Sanders.

Brees 38/46 416 yards. The broncos dont like low scoring games do they. Gramatica just missed a 42 yarder aswell. Looks like 3-0 for the Bronocs and pretty sure for a play-off place now. ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Things have certainly taken a turn in the AFC so far. Will it continue?

Pat 2-1
    Colts 1-2
    Chargers 0-2

and then of course

Titans 3-0:eek:
    Bill 3-0:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

lol, sorry Colts, nice pressure FG by Scobee. P!ssed myself laughing at the shots of him running to get the ball afterwards!

Watching Eagles Steelers now.

btw some great SEC LSU at Auburn last night, class stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    As i type the Jags are 17-14 up on the Colts, away, with 3:49 to play and on 2nd and Goal.

This win could launch our season. Epic performances from Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew could prove every single person who predicted in this thread wrong! :p

*Please dont come back to haunt me...*

AHEM**** "Jacksonville at Indianapoli4:15 pm CBS
    The Colts are limping at the moment. The Jags are in freefall though. Despite that Jacksonville always seem to bring their A game when they play the colts. I think they'll be up for this MUST win game and take it in a tight one. Jones-Drew has to get going nice and early though."

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

For the last game I call Packers win but hope the Cowboys do it.

• Advertisement

Trojan wrote: »
    For the last game I call Packers win but hope the Cowboys do it.
    I am the exact opposite to that post:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

eagle eye wrote: »
    Titans 3-0:eek:
    Bill 3-0:eek:

One of these teams are legit. The Titans defense really is ****ing awesome. I remember reading an article about their offensive co - coordinator in ESPN magazine last season and some specifics about their strategy. Their approach is very interesting indeed - they tend to spend a lot of time analyzing the percentage success of the different packages they use in different areas of the pitch and game scenarios, and gameplan from there. I was impressed by it as it seemed extremely logical to me. Plus, I truly believe Kerry Collins gives them a better chance to be successful than Young. He's been to the big game before and makes fewer mistakes.

People may disagree with me here, but I am seeing similarities to the Tampa team that one the superbowl a few years back. Great defense + unspectacular yet solid offense with an experienced game manager at the helm (Brad Johnson = Kerry Collins?). We'll see of course, we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I can see the Colts missing the Play-offs this year. These are NOT the most difficult teams we'll meet this season, and we're lucky not to be 0-3. I'm worried.

Let's hope this is just our bad patch.

I'm gutted - 12 minutes to move the ball 70 yards, I didn't think they'd move within FG range in 1 minute. Sickened. :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Hopefully the Colts get running at full steam again as they are great to watch. Brown was just unreal today against the Patriots. Need a high scoring game between Packers and Green Bay to win 2 of FF games, come on lads:D

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    One of these teams are legit. The Titans defense really is ****ing awesome. I remember reading an article about their offensive co - coordinator in ESPN magazine last season and some specifics about their strategy. Their approach is very interesting indeed - they tend to spend a lot of time analyzing the percentage success of the different packages they use in different areas of the pitch and game scenarios, and gameplan from there. I was impressed by it as it seemed extremely logical to me. Plus, I truly believe Kerry Collins gives them a better chance to be successful than Young. He's been to the big game before and makes fewer mistakes.

People may disagree with me here, but I am seeing similarities to the Tampa team that one the superbowl a few years back. Great defense + unspectacular yet solid offense with an experienced game manager at the helm (Brad Johnson = Kerry Collins?). We'll see of course, we'll see.
    I think both could be legit. I was using the eek as more of a surprised thing. Who'd have thunk(use American lingo here:D) it at the start of the season that they would be leading the AFC along with Denver who had the Chargers last week.
    I don't know much about the Titans, but I do know about Kerry Collins from back in his Giants days. I remember his nightmare in the Superbowl as well He has game alright, but when he has an off day he stinks real bad. He's a lot older now and more experienced and he could lead them to a big season but until I have seen them a couple of times, I'll reserve judgment.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    I can see the Colts missing the Play-offs this year. These are NOT the most difficult teams we'll meet this season, and we're lucky not to be 0-3. I'm worried.

Let's hope this is just our bad patch.

I'm gutted - 12 minutes to move the ball 70 yards, I didn't think they'd move within FG range in 1 minute. Sickened. :(:(:(
    I haven't seen a Colts game this year. Have they many injuries?

I'm liking Aaron Rodgers more and more, even that time earlier when they got the field goal, he movement was exceptional even the time he went down for the sack on third down, great movement and so calm and smart enough to go down before he took the big hit that was coming

That Felix Jones is class, I hate saying it, but he is class. Another huge addition to that Cowboys offense.

I haven't seen a Colts game this year. Have they many injuries?

One or two - Sanders and half our O-line. They need to plug up that run defense pronto, they've allowed 600+ running yards in 3 games, and teams just know where to hit them now. That's ultimately where they lost it today, the Jags got 1st down waaay too easily, and just held the ball the entire game. Easily the most frustrating sport's event (of any kind) I've watched in a long time. :confused::eek::(:mad:

We've a rest week followed by Houston and Baltimore, so hopefully we'll iron a few kinks out before GreenBay (assuming we win those games - which we have to).

One or two - Sanders and half our O-line. They need to plug up that run defense pronto, they've allowed 600+ running yards in 3 games, and teams just know where to hit them now. That's ultimately where they lost it today, the Jags got 1st down waaay too easily, and just held the ball the entire game. Easily the most frustrating sport's event (of any kind) I've watched in a long time. :confused::eek::(:mad:

We've a rest week followed by Houston and Baltimore, so hopefully we'll iron a few kinks out before GreenBay (assuming we win those games - which we have to).
    Half to Oline out, I knew something was up when they haven't been putting up big numbers. Sanders is a huge loss on defense. What about Harrison, is he back yet?

What about Harrison, is he back yet?

Yeah he's back, but it hasn't quite gelled yet. TBH, the low yards were down to the fact that they never got the ball. Manning threw 2 interceptions too, which doesn't help.

Cowboys look like a good bet for NFC champs IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

This game is going to put me to sleep I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Cowboys look like a good bet for NFC champs IMO.

I'd be shocked if the NFC champs don't come from the NFC East at least. The Eagles D was amazing today. 9 sacks, 1 int, 1 saftey and 2 fumbles is a pretty awesome day at the office. If McNabb stays healthy the eagles have a shot. Losing Westbrook for 2-3 weeks is a big blow but maybe it keeps him fresh for the run in.

The Giants are winning ugly right now but they did that all last year too.

The Cowboys look very good. Their D has weakness to smaller quick WR's but they're the favs at the moment without a doubt. I still think it could be tricky to get homefield for any of those teams though since they all have to play each other... but then I guess Minni, Chicago and GB all have to play each other twice aswell. The NFC is a lot stronger this year than in recent times that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

With the Pats and Colts looking shakey I think this could be the first time in awhile that the NFC could be the stronger conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

*sigh* Another week, another Chiefs defeaat :(

With the Pats and Colts looking shakey I think this could be the first time in awhile that the NFC could be the stronger conference.
    Not forgetting the Chargers too. You're right, it's weird how ordinary these sides look right now, and the AFC could go anywhere. The NFC, the usual suspects are looking sharp.

It's like the twilight zone in the AFC right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Arizona at Washington 1:00 pm FOX correct
    Kansas City at Atlanta 1:00 pm CBS wrong
    Oakland at Buffalo 1:00 pm CBS correct
    Tampa Bay at Chicago 1:00 pm FOX wrong
    Carolina at Minnesota 1:00 pm FOX correct
    Houston at Tennessee 1:00 pm CBS correct
    Cincinnati at N.Y. Giants 1:00 pm CBS correct
    Miami at New England 1:00 pm CBS wrong
    St. Louis at Seattle 4:05 pm FOX wrong
    Detroit at San Francisco 4:05 pm FOX correct
    New Orleans at Denver 4:05 pm FOX correct
    Jacksonville at Indianapolis 4:15 pm CBS correct
    Cleveland at Baltimore 4:15 pm CBS wrong
    Pittsburgh at Philadelphia 4:15 pm CBS wrong
    Dallas at Green Bay 8:15 pm NBC wrong

Monday, Sep. 22
    Game Time TV
    N.Y. Jets at San Diego 8:30 pm ESPN

Last Week's Predictions
    13-2

So far this week
    8-7

Season Predictions with one game left this week
    29-17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Bronocs and pretty sure for a play-off place now. ****.

I hope so. I just saw highlights on the NFLNetwork. Another bucking Bronco game. Their defence is all over the shop though. Scheffler almost gave the game away !!
    Note: I like their OLD color jerseys, but dunno why they were wearing them last night !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Prefabsprouter

Well played Miami yesterday. What a great result and it throws open the AFC East race for sure. On the other hand, I'm sick over the Raiders'-Bill's result. That was awful and its not gonna get easier next week against San Diego. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Delighted for the Cowboys last night. Fcukin Sky Sports made me miss the last ten minutes. Either way, the defence looked excellent. Mr Ratliff and Mr Ware are properly coming to the fore. Far better than against Pittsburgh on Tuesday last

Delighted that Feilix Jones has taken up where Julius Jones left off. He is a true find

Quiet night for Romo and T.O, but when you beat the Packers without your stars showing up, then the team is going places

As an aside, I really think TO plays hard even when he isn't getting loads of receptions and yards. He made a great play on a badly thrown ball into double coverage last night to prevent an interception - and chased back 60 yards to make the tackle on one of the interceptions. Randy Moss could take note imo. He's quit on the Patriots already - obviously not interested if he can't win a title.

The Pats might be a lot worse than we first figured - and by extension the Jets could be too (:(). The week one win over Kansas is looking progressively worse. Yesterday's defeat is not on Cassels - it's on LOL defense. "Hey look, a different formation! :confused: Eh, um...oh dear". With the Bills 3 - 0, it doesn't bode well for either us or them.

Hopefully we pull some miracle out of the blue tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Het-Field wrote: »
    Delighted for the Cowboys last night. Fcukin Sky Sports made me miss the last ten minutes.

Yeah! Jesus! You stay up till 4 and then they cut it off when it's 14-9?!

Cowboys looked good though, I have to admit. Good defense, good offense. I really think Witten is the key to their offense. There will be days where T.O. is dogged by a Pro Bowl corner with a safety over the top. On those days, you can do two things. Run the football (in which case Witten blocks like a guard) or throw it to Witten. He is some player, best Tight End in football.

Pity about Green Bay losing, they didn't look terrible, they were just beaten by a better team. Hope they don't lose momentum.

I would be getting down on the Pats just yet. Remember Brady lost his second game with a poor performance and its always the Dolphins that spoil our party anyways. Lloyd's point regarding the Chiefs has a lot of merit, I have been thinking that myself too, but hey, you guys went to Miami and beat the Dolphins so what does that tell us about them?
    The next three games will tell us where we are at, we have two games on the west coast where we have to stop the run against the 49ers and Chargers, and then back to Gillette to face the lethal Broncos offense.
    If we can't stop the run we are going to lose the first two. If our secondary is as weak as some people are saying we lose the third game.
    The next three games are big ones, I would have been happy ok with one win from the three until yesterday, we need two now.
    Bye week this weekend so at least we have time to work on the D and get ready to stop the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Karlusss wrote: »
    Yeah! Jesus! You stay up till 4 and then they cut it off when it's 14-9?!

Cowboys looked good though, I have to admit. Good defense, good offense. I really think Witten is the key to their offense. There will be days where T.O. is dogged by a Pro Bowl corner with a safety over the top. On those days, you can do two things. Run the football (in which case Witten blocks like a guard) or throw it to Witten. He is some player, best Tight End in football.

Pity about Green Bay losing, they didn't look terrible, they were just beaten by a better team. Hope they don't lose momentum.

Fortunatly, it was 20-9 by the time it cut off, and the game was virtually over. However, it left me sweating till 5am, and then I had to get up for a dental apointment at 9am ! At least when College restarts I wont have an excuse to stay up.

Witten is a top player. I am still disapointed at the decision to trade Fasano. But, thats what you get !

J - E - T - S

JETS JETS JETS!!

jets_logo.jpg

Miracle upset one time please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Het-Field wrote: »
    Fortunatly, it was 20-9 by the time it cut off, and the game was virtually over.

So it was, maybe I was too tired for it to matter that it cut off. Maybe it didn't cut off for me at all and the blank screen I got was just me falling asleep.

Advertisement