Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where is the flag on the moon?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

redout wrote: »
    There is a great documentary called "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon" which is well worth a look. Raises some interesting questions especially the earth through the window.

What sort of interesting questions?

I ask because wvery "interesting" question I've seen on the topic generally relies on misinformation or flawed reasoning. I'd be really interested in actually finding a real interesting question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BravoSierra

espinolman wrote: »
    The U.S. did go to the moon, in an extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Que?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭monkeytronics

I don't know much about the moon landing or the conspiracy theories surrounding same. But having read this thread I get the impression that the armstrong et al landing of the 60s has been the onlt time humans have visited the surface of the moon.

If that is the case, why so? It seems odd that they could pull off this great achievement some 40 years ago but no one has bothered to go back and explore further, particularly with advances in technology, knowledge etc... in the years since.

Although, if the landing was a hoax, then wouldn't someone like Russia or China not come publically state that its impossible to land on the moon for whatever reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

their talking about going back in 2017 i think.They will defenitly be able to fake it properly this time;)

RTE had a good documentary on why everyones so desperate to get back to the moon but they showed some good footage of the astronauts just messing about on the moon, falling over and saying stupid stuff. I'd never seen any of that before.

King Mob wrote: »
    Do you not get perspective or something?
    Galaxy = very big approx. 100000 lightyears
    Moon lander = very small approx. 5 metres
    This should help clear things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Tony Broke wrote: »
    I know that, my question is how do we have images like above and we cant see objects on the moon.

It doesnt make sense to me.

Focal lenght of the Hubble Telescope. It probably is designed to take a photo of something X thousand kilometres away. Would be a reasonable explanation IMO.

Or as stated before, Large and far away, Small and close.. :)

They landed there, theres no hard evidence to the contary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ScumLord wrote: »
    RTE had a good documentary on why everyones so desperate to get back to the moon but they showed some good footage of the astronauts just messing about on the moon, falling over and saying stupid stuff. I'd never seen any of that before.

This should help clear things up.

Damn, I was hoping from page 2 nobody beat me to it! :o

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I don't know much about the moon landing or the conspiracy theories surrounding same. But having read this thread I get the impression that the armstrong et al landing of the 60s has been the onlt time humans have visited the surface of the moon.

If that is the case, why so? It seems odd that they could pull off this great achievement some 40 years ago but no one has bothered to go back and explore further, particularly with advances in technology, knowledge etc... in the years since.

Although, if the landing was a hoax, then wouldn't someone like Russia or China not come publically state that its impossible to land on the moon for whatever reason...
    There were a few missions to the moon. Apollo 11 and 12 made it, 13 was the one that went wrong, and one or two more landed there. They then canned the Apollo missions cause of cost and not gaining much else from the venture at that time. Concentrated on the reusable shuttle then I suppose.
    They're planning on going back in 2020 according to a guy I spoke to in Nasa, but todays economic climate would want to have changed by then!! :D
    If they didn't make it to the Moon, Russia would have been the first to shout about it. After all, the skeptics know that the reason they apparently "faked it" was to beat the Russians to the moon. Russia would have known if they faked it.
    Also on the Hubble thing - why spend so much on a telescope to find the farthest reaches of space and then point it at the moon to see what they already know is there? In any case the skeptics wouldn't be convinced as the pics they might take would be "fakes" too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Biro wrote: »
    They're planning on going back in 2020 according to a guy I spoke to in Nasa, but todays economic climate would want to have changed by then!!

Hopefully if the Chinese make it, it'll pump some more of that cold war spirit into NASA and finally get them off their collective ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bustler99

kilmeaden i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bustler99

kilmeaden i think
    AINCIENT KILMEADEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

A7X wrote: »

Views: 137,244

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Views: 137,244