Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lexmark x1250 only prints first job

• 16-09-2008 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

My Lexmark X1250 printer will only print the first job in the queue. I have to reboot to print the next

The first job will not delete and under status reads 'deleting - printed.' If i try to cancel it nothing happens. it just stays in the queue. The next jobs can be cancelled. The only way to have the next job print is a reboot. Turning off/on printer or removing/ replacing usb won't do it.

All I can think is it is getting caught in memory somewhere.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Have you tried uninstalling the printer driver, rebooting and installing it again?
    Have you tried to see if there is an updated driver also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

Biggins wrote: »
    Have you tried uninstalling the printer driver, rebooting and installing it again?
    No it is only installed a couple days and was a **** to install in the first place

You using Vista or XP?
    (I'm guessing Vista)

Biggins wrote: »
    You using Vista or XP?
    (I'm guessing Vista)
    yes vista, if it was out of ink would that stop it or would a blank page issue? printing status box at bottom right of screen say sit is printing.Thanks

Bummer. :(

Vista has had many reported driver problems. Ones that are supposed to work and are certified so and others also not certified yet.

The only way to be (correction) SURE it's not the actual printer itself, is to try and set-up the printer that has XP on it. If everything goes fine there, you know its the VISTA operating system that's a probable source of the problem.
    That said, the above don't help you right now.

You should try Microsoft update service on their site. There is also services like www.driveragent.com (you have to pay for downloads but the scan and info is free) to see if a driver update is available.
    You could also try installing a standard generic driver.

Your not on your own in having this type of problem sadly. Vista has proven to be a pain in this area.

If your cartridge was out of ink, you should get a message/window box appearing somewhere telling you so before printing commences or tries to. That's if the driver and the manufacturer of it is any good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This might be worth a try.

Click start and go to run. If run is not there just type it in. When the box open type in sercives.msc

At the bottom of the screen click "standard" and scroll down to the following:

ex4jz0hb8gaiixwhmx6.jpg

Right click "print spooler" and either use "restart" or "Stop" and then click "start"

Hope this works for you.

Biggins wrote: The only way to be use it's not the actual printer itself, is to try and set-up the printer that has XP on it. If everything goes fine there, you know its the operating system that's a probable source of the problem
    .Thanks. I have now set it up in XP and it works fine. Unfortunately my XP Pc is on its last legs and painfully s - l - o - w

Manties, I will try that thanks

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the printer on vista but still the first job cannot be cleared without a reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Try opening command prompt as administrator and type the following:

sc config spooler depend= rpcss (note the space after the = sign )

DarkJager wrote: »
    Try opening command prompt as administrator and type the following:

sc config spooler depend= rpcss (note the space after the = sign )
    Thanks did that but still the first document status is deleting -printed and i cannot delete that document from the list. When I try to print others they read spooling for a min but will not print. Must be vista?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Try going to services, and check if there is a service listed called "lexbce". If it is, disable it and use the above command again.

Lexbce is a spooler subsystem installed by lexmark printers, which in most cases does not go down too well with Windows :)

DarkJager wrote: »
    Try going to services, and check if there is a service listed called "lexbce". If it is, disable it and use the above command again.

Lexbce is a spooler subsystem installed by lexmark printers, which in most cases does not go down too well with Windows :)
    I do not have lexbce .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

I also have this difficulty with Vista and a lexmark printer. I have a LAN with an XP and all i can do is

Put the file in the shared folder
    Open file on the XP
    Print from XP

This necessiates having the XP on when I do not really need it and is annoying. I am beginning to wonder if it was a Vista update that caused it because ithe printer used to work on Vista

Jack Magee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Email Lexmark and send them the link from this thread. It might be something simple for them to sort out.

Advertisement