Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum Spec Requirements

Options
  • 16-09-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking to get WAr sometime in the next few weeks and was just wondering what kind of system everyone is running it on?
    We just got a new computer but its very basic and doubt it could handle this game.

I have a decent laptop though

Specs are:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7300 2.00 GHz
    2gb RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT

Would these be enough to run it?

Also what specs are you running it off so I can have a fair idea of what the general minimum specs people are using?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The 8600tm isn't a great chip but it should run.

You might be better off throwing a 120-150 euro gfx card into the desktop though.

I havn't noticed any slowdown when playing War myself, but I have spent a lot on my desktop for gaming so its not a good comparision.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Alot of people are having trouble running this game smoothly even people with high end machines, I think its either a client or server issue which hopefully gets solved soon.

I'm using a ATI Radeon X1200 card with 2gig of RAM on my laptop to play and sometimes its completely smooth and sometimes its very choppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I think its server side lag, possibly they have underspec'd the server for the load they are carrying.. not sure what way they have it setup, but depending on where you are within the game sometimes it runs smooth... somethimes it just runs crap and laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm playing it on my 4 year old single core 1.7 GHz Pentium M, 1 GB RAM, 4200 rpm drive, Win XP Pro, 64 MB ATI mobility Radeon 9700, albeit with everything on minimum.

It does take a while to get started and I do experience a temporary massive drop in frame rate with about 20 - 30 people on screen every now and then, although this could possibly also be due to server lag.

I'm upgrading in about a month for all the pretty effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I have a spare gfx card lying about.

Radeon x550 64mb

Might put that into the desktop and see if it'll run it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Hi guys...
    I'm not massively tech literate...so forgive stupid question...I have a nearly 2y/o VAIO laptop;

1.66GHz duo processor (intel core...or something!)
    1GB DDR2 SDRAM
    120GB

would that work for the game?

Graphics is only Go7400 Nvidia, SUPPORTING 256MB/Mo...thats not mentioned on the play.com website.

If not...can you recommend a good laptop that would work for the game (not expensive as sony!)...ie what are you playing with, without any probs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Surion wrote: »
    Hi guys...
    I'm not massively tech literate...so forgive stupid question...I have a nearly 2y/o VAIO laptop;

1.66GHz duo processor (intel core...or something!)
    1GB DDR2 SDRAM
    120GB

would that work for the game?

Graphics is only Go7400 Nvidia, SUPPORTING 256MB/Mo...thats not mentioned on the play.com website.

If not...can you recommend a good laptop that would work for the game (not expensive as sony!)...ie what are you playing with, without any probs?

If Same can play with these specs you can play it.

Sarn wrote: »
    I'm playing it on my 4 year old single core 1.7 GHz Pentium M, 1 GB RAM, 4200 rpm drive, Win XP Pro, 64 MB ATI mobility Radeon 9700, albeit with everything on minimum.

That being said, laptops for gaming are not worth the money tbh, you would be better off buying a desktop and keeping your current laptop for what ever you need a laptop for.

Advertisement