Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed ramps!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

well once again id point out their should be a universial standard around the city for the ramps, some are arse pimps while others are like k2 (lismore park). Doesnt the city have one contractor that does them all or are their mulipule contractors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

It didn't seem worth starting a whole new thread about this but....

theres a white hatchback parked on top of the WIT roundabout. It looks undamaged but its certainly an odd place to leave a car...anyone know what thats about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

It didn't seem worth starting a whole new thread about this but....

theres a white hatchback parked on top of the WIT roundabout. It looks undamaged but its certainly an odd place to leave a car...anyone know what thats about?
    yeah I seen that this morning, thought it looked weird alright, don't know what happened I would assume someone didn't see roundabout and drove up on to it and got stuck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

mealone42 wrote: »
    Was home in Waterford two weeks ago and had occasion to go into the Industrial Estate and right outside FAS there are two ramps erected that are downright criminal. My wheel 9alloy) was damaged by those stupid things that were erected to slow down the boy racer types in FAS. Well FAS you can feck off and stopp destroying peoples cars. I had to pay the Hertz for damage and I am now considering sending that bill to the asshole in FAS who erected them. They are too aggressive and totally different to the others on the Estate:mad::mad::mad:

i HATE those 2 ramps!!!!! with a passion! one of the plastic bits came undone a few weeks ago and it was repaired the VERY NEXT MORNING.. yet there are potholes on the roads that go unrepaired for years!!... speed ramps is pure cheap bad policing of speed limits...

also another thing i want to explore is the effect on the environment due to speed ramps..
    let me explain....

since i have been subjected to climbing over about 500 ramps a week in my normal work week, i have found that i now use double the petrol i used to on the same run... because i am constantly stopping and starting on my route,, and am doing way more acceleration to get the car in motion again after a dismount than i used to when i was able to coast along... this surely is a issue in todays eco mad world??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

stupid speed ramps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

halfinch wrote: »
    stupid speed ramps

ahh the thought that went into that comment....
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement