Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time of the month relief

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I'd probably cry at the awful things that poor child went through.

*Sobs* Books can do it too.

I was like that on a pill before, ridiculous stuff:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

I must be odd as I cannot stand having an orgasm during the first three days - it actually prompts a wave of cramps rather than help against them. I do, however, feel much hornier around that time of the month. Makes for lots of frustration on top of really bad pain! :mad: Painkillers help, and for some strange reason, a short gagging sensation at the hight of a cramp seems to shorten its duration. Weird, I know. :confused: Before you wonder, I found out when I was biting my pillow in sheer agony...

I also find really small gulps of very cold water somewhat helpful. As I am restless, warm water bottles don't really help. Pressing/intense rubbing a certain spot at the back also relieves the pain. But without painkillers, I would still be fainting as I used to as a teenager. I suffer from low blood pressure, and intense pain can send me straight down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I take Nurofen plus like they're smarties. They only work from the second day on though, on the first day I try to do as little as possible because the pain is just unbearable. Hot water bottles help a little but it's still very uncomfortable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

3 top tips to make you feel better on your period.

1. watch a girlie movie with popcorn and maltesers and have a good cry

2. Give out stink to your boyfriend for doing something he shouldn't be doing or not doing something he should be doing

3. Make him apologise and make it up to you with chocolate..

I nearly fainted with the pain this month.
    I was out and I had to lie down until my head stopped spinning.
    I was worried that I'd never be able to drive home.
    Hasn't happened to me since I was a teenager. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Yeah when i was on the pill i would cry at everything. i bawled my eyes out at bllod diamond-get ont he plane leonardo sniff sniff baaaaaaawwwlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll they *sob* can *sob* still save *big big sob* youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Oh guys, i am going through the worse period ever!! Last night i woke three times roaring crying. Three times my boyfr went to get me my hotwater bottle and tylex, Im thinking it was cos i was on a plane yesterday flying back from spain, could that have caused more clots than usual?? Cant figure it out but it feels like contractions! AGH!
    And yeah i go mad just before my period, keep crying and go all paranoid! :) what are we like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Chocolate; and proper chipper chips always make me feel better!
    Ultimate feel-better food!!!!
    SarahJ wrote: »
    Yes, and thorugh it too, I usually feel a bit down in the dumps, and oddly, really paranoid. Is this strange?
    I'm an emotional person at the best of times but pms turns me into a gibbering wreck, when I was on the pill I was ridiculously paranoid - I even thought traffic lights were out to get me!:o
    She Devil wrote: »
    Oh guys, i am going through the worse period ever!! Last night i woke three times roaring crying. Three times my boyfr went to get me my hotwater bottle and tylex, Im thinking it was cos i was on a plane yesterday flying back from spain, could that have caused more clots than usual?? Cant figure it out but it feels like contractions! AGH!
    And yeah i go mad just before my period, keep crying and go all paranoid! :) what are we like :)

I had that this month too!:eek: I was in agony! Thought I was passing my entire insides:( could barely walk - and had to go to work over the other side of the city for the first 2 days - I had heat-pads on constantly to ease the muscles (barely worked) was lashing in the nurofen (I usually swear by it to take away the bulk of the pain, but no effect whatsoever this time), my migraines came at me with meteoric force, I had no appetite (reeeeeeeallly weird for me!) and was constantly gagging. And that's just for starters:o

Like F.A. I also have low-blood pressure and I think I go anaemic with the blood loss coz I've to double and sometimes treble my iron intake for that week every month.....
    I have Evening Primrose oil, and I always mean to take them - I most definitely will now after reading some of your recommendations! Thanks ladies!:D

Advertisement