Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to education allowance requirements

Options
  • 16-09-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello

can anyone help? i have completed a higher national diploma 5 years ago now in a subject that I can't find any work in. I have decided to return to education but have put it off for a year in the hope of saving money but preferably attaining the back to education allowance as the course I have chosen will be full time and quite intensive for three years. Does anyone know what the deal is for someone like me who has a diploma?, also if possible how long do I have to be I the social welfare. I am aware is used to be 6 months but recently I have heard that it has gone up to a year?
    Thanks, x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

I think its 12 months if your course is full time instead of part time for some stupid reason, i couldnt do my full time course because i was only 6 months on social welfare, but now im starting two part time courses,fetac level 5 and get to keep my social welfare and so il be 12 months unemployed when applying for it next year again so il definately get it :D

i hope!!!

Advertisement