Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Central Heating Boiler?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Just tried turning on the heating there for the first time. I didn't hear the boiler fire up when I changed the setting on the box inside the house. So checked the boiler and tried resetting it but nothing! There is no lights lit on it (where once there was a little amber one) and the whole thing seems lifeless.

Is this a job for a pro?

I released any air in the fuel pipes, and there is oil there...presume this is purely an electrical problem.

Any help appreciated. Cheers

Edit/ Sorry I meant turned it on for the first time this year...it worked perfectly back in March.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Fuse/circuit breaker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

had similar problem last year, turned out to be faulty
    flash timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

You need to start at the timer and check for power. Then move on to the thermostat on the boiler, and then to the burner.
    Sometimes a thermostat in the house controls everything - could it be turned down ?
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

That time of year again. I am waiting to have Firebird serviced. It was serviced last winter and has never given trouble! Just wondering, will I start it up this weekend and see how things are. Some say you should get it serviced every year, others say, not at all, every two to three years is enough if it is a relative new one. House built 10 years at the end of this year so boiler same age.

Advertisement