Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Classes Waterford

• 16-09-2008 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Lookin to do Irish classes in the evening in Waterford City anywhere that does that this is with a view to sitting the Leving Cert Exam in May2009

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is an older group doing this, but not for Leaving Cert. They just seem to meet up in a pub and talk/do Irish of some sort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Sully wrote: »
    There is an older group doing this, but not for Leaving Cert. They just seem to meet up in a pub and talk/do Irish of some sort!

That's a great idea actually. THe conversational aspects were always lacking during the academic year...until a month before orals...of course:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

That's a great idea actually. THe conversational aspects were always lacking during the academic year...until a month before orals...of course:rolleyes:

Well if you are interested, dlofnep is the chap to speak to.

Just a note: This is not a leaving cert "group grind" of any sort. Its just a few people meeting up in a pub. If its your first time or you don't know anybody there - play it safe and bring someone else along with you. This is a safety message brought to you by the Waterford City Forum Mods. :p

Sully wrote: »
    Well if you are interested, dlofnep is the chap to speak to.

Just a note: This is not a leaving cert "group grind" of any sort. Its just a few people meeting up in a pub. If its your first time or you don't know anybody there - play it safe and bring someone else along with you. This is a safety message brought to you by the Waterford City Forum Mods. :p

Ah yeah I figured as much to be honest. Proper conversational Irish is better then the rubbish they tried to drill into people back when I sat the orals. Painful to watch it.

Might have a look into it mind when I'm back in Waterford. Been ages since I spoke it with anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You're more than welcome to join us. We meet up every thursday at 9PM in the gingerman bar. You're conversational Irish will increase tenfold by just getting a chance to use it in a relaxed environment every week. Totally nothing like a classroom and don't be afraid of making mistakes.

Also, gaelchultur are offering courses in WIT starting next week (info here: http://www.gaelchultur.com/index.php?view_course_details=true&course_id=100192&tid=4&lang=en) - they cater for 3 different levels, and are focused mostly on spoken Irish.

Drop me a line if you need any further info.

John.

I will indeed man cheers for that:)

Advertisement