Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anti Theft GPS system

Options
  • 16-09-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just sealed the deal on a nice 06 M3 this morning (offically broke but in love) and am looking to get some anti theft GPS going on. Spoke to one guy in dublin who had the kit. Once off price was about 600-700. Am wondering if anyone has their own experiences on this mechanism.

Google isnt really my friend so far on this as I turn up more fleet management and productivity type sites

Cheers

D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

Thanks for that. Looks pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Just my advice, in most cases it's better for your car to never come back at all than to come back half raped. You will be better off getting the insurance money and buying another one rather than pour thousands into a car that will remain "tainted" forever while you own it.

V good point...although

I intend on taking some measures where it'll be parked anyways so that if someone does go to the trouble of knocking it off they'll be less likely to just run it into the ground and would be more in the game for moving it on or using it for a job etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

These guys are very good, they put trackers into a lot of high value metal on the southside of Dublin, not sure if they are nationwide or if you are ever in Dublin.

Good system too, I had one in my M3, you can track the car on google maps too, listen into the car, remote immobilise, talk to the occupants, set a speed limit alarm etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

www.omniscout.ie looks good

Nice

Omniscout looks a bit vague in what they do but the others seem bang on (how did I not find these!?)

Thanks again for the links!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Try and get one with the option of fuel pump / electrical system cut off so if need be you can stop the car on demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

And here's yet another one-
    http://www.tramigo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

They can all be disabled with portable GSM blockers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gerryz

Hi...it may be a bit late but I recently came across this site www.fleetzone.ie they do all kinds of trackers and appear to really know their stuff. I bought a Cobra unit off them for my 08 Q7. I'm very happy with it and was very happy with the service. Even got my carkit and satnav from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This was a big craze with mobile plant hire companies in the UK and Ireland, these devices were hidden in mini diggers, JCB's Dumpers etc. They would could pinpoint the culprits to within 15 feet.

The culprits have got wise to this and now carry scanners before they make their killings. If they find a device they can toss them into some passing bus or truck. :D

The culprits have got wise to this and now carry scanners before they make their killings. If they find a device they can toss them into some passing bus or truck. :D

If the installs done right they wont find the 'box'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If the installs done right they wont find the 'box'

Another effective way to swipe small tagged plant and equipment is to place it in a "farraday cage" IE containor. At least it gives the thief a head start and time to locate the device.

Another effective way to swipe small plant and equipment is to place it in a "farraday cage" IE containor. At least it gives the thief a head start.

I doubt they've alot of "farraday cages" on halting sites eh!! :rolleyes:

PS Lay off Mythbusters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I doubt they've alot of "farraday cages" on halting sites eh!! :rolleyes:

PS Lay off Mythbusters!!

X2^ its getting worse lol

he really knows his stuff doesnt he? just as well they hadnt ANPR during the moon landings or this conspiracy theorist would have to live inside a faraday cage cos they could see his house with it :p:p:D

Advertisement