Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Prices for Desktop Computers

• 16-09-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I am looking to buy 11 desktop computers for a school. Any idea's where I might get the best deal? Have tried Dell.

Probably won't need to add Monitors as the existing ones will be fine (unless there is a mega deal around).

Thanks

CMCC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Did you check dells outlet store? it might be hard to get 11 the same, but no big deal. When buying from the outlet they usually do not force you to get monitors, also look at dell business section? did you ring them too? I expect they would do a discount for a school, you can get money off just by working in banks and some other companies.

The outlet does not include VAT but I presume you are exempt.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/dimen?c=ie&l=en&s=dfh

Also check ebay, but getting 11 would take a while! I got mine on ebay from dell less than half price. you get full year warranty and all new software etc, mine had about 3 hairline scratches on the casing, I can live with that for a saving over over a grand! it was looking worse one week later anyway.

http://stores.ebay.ie/Dell-Outlet

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭craigmcc

Thanks - I had looked at the Dell Business section before posting and it definitely has better deals than the home section. They are quoting me €345 inc vat and delivery per machine for the Vostro range which is pretty good but before I order wanted to see if there were any other options. Will check the Dell Outlet.

Thanks

CMCC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

I read a post here a while back, maybe a year??, and somebody was also buying computers for school and somebody else said that they could get some educational discount. that sounds a bit vague i know, but if you do a search on boards im sure you'll find the post in question!

Advertisement