Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Chord difficulty

• 16-09-2008 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey all,

I'm currently in the process of learning the guitar but I need a little advice to fix what I'm doing wrong.

When I put my fingers on the fretboard to hold the strings down, I keep touching off the string next to it so that when I play the chord, those strings sound weird and muted. No matter what way I position my hands it keeps happening. Does anyone know what I can do?

Also, on certain chords, I need to have two fingers directly under each other (e.g. I think it happens when playing an E). I'm not able to do that and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what I can do about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Now what im going to say wont help you straight away or at all but ALL of us guitarists have gone through whats wrong with you at the moment. The only way for you to solve it is to just keep practising it and work it out for urself. Its hard at first but once you keep doing it your finger muscles will loosen up and gradually you will be able to do it properly. But just one little tip for the muting the strings problem, try to place ur fingers on the string at as close to a right angle as you can. Do this by not curling ur thumb over the top of the kneck but by placing it behind the kneck firmly. I hope this can help you. You wont get it straight away but remember you will eventually if you just keep at it! :)

Advertisement