Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Stealing My Money!

Options
  • 16-09-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭

Around the 8th of September I topped up my phone by 20 euro, giving me a balance of €20. I checked my credit on the 13th to see I only had about €10 left.

This seemed very low because I hadn't used my phone that much so I checked my call history and charges online, to find that I had been charged €5 on the 11th of September for something called "JavaPrem", which I persume is a game. The total amount on the bottom said I had spent about a tenner(including the charge for "JavaPrem"), which adds up to my 10 euro remaining credit.

I checked the log on my phone and this also confirmed I did not download anything, however everything else in the phone's call log matched the online log of charges.

I emailed Meteor and asked them to have a look at my call history and tell me what I was charged for. I gave them the exact time and date the online call history showed. They replied yesterday and said that they couldnt find the download, and could I please provied them with more info on the date and time as they couldnt find the download - I had already given them all the information I could!

I went back and looked at my call history online again, only to see that all information on the 11th of September is missing. It was there when I emailed Metoer first! The total amount spent now reads about €4.50, which is impossible as I have 10 euro credit left after topping up by 20!

I can only conclude that the person in Meteor deleted my call history from the 11th rather than give me the 5 euro they mistakenly charged me. Records of other calls made on the 11th are also missing from the online log, they are still on my phone.

Who should I go to about this? Meteor Customer Care obviously aren't going to help. I know it's only a fiver but its more the principal of the thing!

(Sorry for the long post!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it's a conspiracy over €5....

sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

Around the 8th of September I topped up my phone by 20 euro, giving me a balance of €20. I checked my credit on the 13th to see I only had about €10 left.

This seemed very low because I hadn't used my phone that much so I checked my call history and charges online, to find that I had been charged €5 on the 11th of September for something called "JavaPrem", which I persume is a game. The total amount on the bottom said I had spent about a tenner(including the charge for "JavaPrem"), which adds up to my 10 euro remaining credit.

I checked the log on my phone and this also confirmed I did not download anything, however everything else in the phone's call log matched the online log of charges.

I emailed Meteor and asked them to have a look at my call history and tell me what I was charged for. I gave them the exact time and date the online call history showed. They replied yesterday and said that they couldnt find the download, and could I please provied them with more info on the date and time as they couldnt find the download - I had already given them all the information I could!

I went back and looked at my call history online again, only to see that all information on the 11th of September is missing. It was there when I emailed Metoer first! The total amount spent now reads about €4.50, which is impossible as I have 10 euro credit left after topping up by 20!

I can only conclude that the person in Meteor deleted my call history from the 11th rather than give me the 5 euro they mistakenly charged me. Records of other calls made on the 11th are also missing from the online log, they are still on my phone.

Who should I go to about this? Meteor Customer Care obviously aren't going to help. I know it's only a fiver but its more the principal of the thing!

If this matter is exhausted with Meteor, contact ComReg - www.comreg.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

kaimera wrote: »
    it's a conspiracy over 5....

sure.

Are you sure about the missing call records?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sounds like a download thing. issue isnt really with meteor themselves, id try their customer service again for info on cal history, tell em u need it for comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Is there any chance that someone knows your login details for the meteor site. If they did, they could have bought the game and sent it to their phone.

Have you logged into to mymeteor on any public computers recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you try gettin on to a manager in Meteor and asking for €10 for all your bother....that's what i'd be doing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

I got an email back today saying that they can find no record of it. It was there on the site and is missing now. No one has my details, and even if they did there's no way to delete the history online.

I had 20 credit, I now have bout 10. Meteor's webiste said I spend about 5 on calls and 5 on "JavaPrem". It now says I only spent about 5 on calls, yet I still only have 10 euro credit.

I'm more interested in what happenned now!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

I got an email back today saying that they can find no record of it. It was there on the site and is missing now. No one has my details, and even if they did there's no way to delete the history online.

I had 20 credit, I now have bout 10. Meteor's webiste said I spend about 5 on calls and 5 on "JavaPrem". It now says I only spent about 5 on calls, yet I still only have 10 euro credit.

I'm more interested in what happenned now!

Get back on to them. Tell them you believe you were charged for a service you didn't use and want their tech guys to investigate! Were you doing anything on their portal/website around the time you were charged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

thats a premium rate service. .it would come in as a service message. service messages on majority of phones dont alert you. its not meteor its a different company and if you ring your phone to a meteor store and ask them to check the service inbox youll prob find your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

There is no way Meteor customer care, or any other customer care facing department, has a way to delete a customer's call history.

I also agree with the other users. Call customer care, advise them of the issue and if you're not satisfied with the answers they're giving you, ask to speak to a supervisor/manager/team leader and they will be able to resolve your issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

make sure you get your money out of em. I got stung for 260 euro because i had one of those month by month contracts then i cancelled it and they charged me 260 for cancelling it after they specifically telling me they wouldnt . I was a way travelling and it took numerous phone calls and emails to even get them to admit they were wrong. Once they rectified/realised - money was fired back in and not even an apology... still though got my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

Apparently there was some problem with thier system on the 11th. I did see the charge there and then is dissappered. I got it sorted anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

It might be a premium rate content service that you have subscribed to (happened to some people I know - apparently it is very easy to sign up to these things without even realising it!)

Check your service inbox and see if there is anything there that can help!

If all else fails put your complaint in writing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Had the same. Apparently meteor is now charging 10 euro per month for pay as you go. I had this bundle that they automatically add to your account without your knowledge. So I had it stopped.
    Welcome to our live chat service. A Meteor agent will help you shortly
    You are now connected with Danny
    Danny: Welcome to the meteor-service webchat, once again my name is Danny how can I help you today?
    customer:i have contacted meteor to solve a problem with 10 euro being deducted evey month
    customer:and they stopped it
    customer:and the last 10 euro was put back
    customer:but not the rest
    customer:so i wrote an email to you but heard nothing since
    customer:there is nothing that indicates 10 euro is getting deducted when i look online in the usage
    customer:that should be changed
    customer:can you put the rest of the money back on
    Danny: The add on for internet that charges €9.99 per month has been removed from your account and €10 credit has been put back on. I cannot issue any more credit as it was an add on bundle.
    customer:i never signed up for an add on bundel
    customer:my phone was stolen some time ago and i had a new simcard issued with same number
    customer:since then i loose money every month
    customer:can i speak to your supervisor
    Danny: It was added on the 6th of September 2011. It was removed on the 18/6/12. This is not a supervisor issue.
    customer:i do not have a bundle i have only pay as you go
    customer:and this is a supervisor issue
    customer:i should not have to pay 10 euro per month for pay as you go
    Danny: It was a bundle as part of your pay as you go account, I have the same system and information as the supervisor. The information I am giving you is correct, therefore this is not a supervisor issue. 
    customer:then it is a small claims court issue
    customer:pay as you go should cost nothing
    Danny: All the charges for pay as you go are listed on the website.
    customer:there should not be any charge for pay as you go
    Danny: Ok I understand, but there is.
    customer:i bet i can find more people who have this and we will go to court together it will cost you lots more than reimgboursing or giving more on the account
    customer:pay as you go has always been free.
    customer:do note this is on the record
    Danny: I will of course, the terms and conditions are on the website so will see that pay as you go is not free.
    customer:it has always been free
    Danny: Ok.
    customer:so put the money back on
    Danny: No, I cannot put the money back on as the charge for the bundle you had was €9.99 per month. It has been removed now so the charges won't come anymore unless you opt in to that bundle again.
    customer:what bundle
    customer:i have pay as you go
    customer:and you stated that pay as you go costs 10 euro
    customer:so you are trying to get from under it
    customer:obviously by giving me stories
    Danny: The €9.99 1GB bundle. 
    customer:i have no internet on my phone and do not need 1 gb and would never pay for something that i do not have nor need
    Danny: The information I have given you is correct, it is all on your account and website. The bundle is now gone from your phone. If you are unhappy about the information I have given you then you can email us at info@meteor.ie
    Danny: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    customer:I have emailed you and got no answer
    customer:yes you can help by putting back the amount on my account that you stole from it without my knowledge
    Danny: You can also call us on 1905. I have already advised that I cannot refund the credit. There is nothing further I can do to assist you with that query.

Danny: Thanks for chatting with me today.

This session has been closed by Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

@Anita

Please don't post in 3 year old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement